·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I wasn't aware that the standard ones sold in stores weren't pigmented.

Personalized Supplies is a good option, I've already bought a few things from them. However, I just searched a bit on How about the inks on Ebay that claim to be:

"USA Brand Epson Compatible PIGMENT-DURABRITE Ink 4-pack (containing one of each color T0321 Black, T0422 Cyan, T0423 Magenta, an T0424 Yellow."

This seems like a cheap alternative. Does anyone know if they are much worse than the Magic Mix inks sold on Personalized Supplies.com? Or does anyone know of any other alternatives? For example, does Epson itself sell pigmented inks for the c86? That sounds like a pain having to buy a bulk unit and then buy the bulk inks, but I guess if I have to I will.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The Epson Durabrite inks ARE pigmented inks, and can be bought from Office Depot, Walmart, etc. - as long as they are designed for use with your specific pritner (I think they are?).

As far as the quality comparison goes... it ranges. Some people have had pretty good luck with the Durabrite (myself included), and some people who have used both say they are almost the same. The key when using Durabrite is to adjust your color profile settings (recommended about -15 Yellow, +5 Cyan, +5 Magenta) - otherwise your transfers will have a 'yellowed-out' effect once transfered to the shirt.

Others, however, have said they tried both and found Magic Mix to be vastly superior. Magic Mix inks are available in pre-filled cartridges as well, I believe. I intend to switch to a dedicated printer with a bulk system of Magic Mix when I get a chance to, since it will provide at least slightly better quality and save money in the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts