T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay-I'm venting a bit here. I have been looking for a printer for a month or so now and it's getting to the point of ridiculousness. I have worked for a printer and honestly my boss would have been pissed if I would have treated any potential customer this way. The first company took weeks to get a quote to me. The second one is so much higher than the competetion it's annoying and the third one would rather play know it all. WTH is up with people? Does anyone know a decent printer? One that WANTS the business. I have a hard time giving a dime to people who seem to not care about building a long term business relationship....bad business practice in my opinion...okay...I'm done now:)

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 7 designs ready to screenprint. I am still uncertain about labels (which I'm working on) and may up quantities to get a good price. I had a budget in mind but as it's all unfolding I may have to print 1-2 designs at a time until they're done.

· Registered
40 Posts
I just opened my doors in January. I would ask the following questions of any customer.
Are the designs done in vector format-Corel draw/ Adobe Ill.? Are the designs one, two, three colors or more? Do you want the front and back of the shirt to have a design, or only one side?

Basic cost would include ($35.00/screen) for any order under 200 shirts, $2.25 per color ie; (two colors front, one color back = 3 colors/three screens), plus the cost of the shirts. some places will charge extra for front and back designs because of the extra time required to flip the shirt.

When I did my initial research, I found a huge difference in cost from printer to printer. It all depends on thier situation, overhead and avilability. I would turn down a job that was to small before pricing the quote to high.

If you only need a small nuber of items you might consider heat transfers.

· Registered
7 Posts
Good afternoon... I completely understand the frustration. As a matter of fact, that's what brought me into my own shop - I have a customer service background and 10 years of production too. I love printing!

Not sure where you are located... we are located in Ohio. In this market we are looking at $15.00/screen and 1st color(at 36pcs.) will run about 1.10, each additional is .25: the back in considered a new design; therefore, 1.10 and .25 each additional. However, when you move to the 200+ count .80 and .15 each additional (turnaround is within 7 business days). Love our auto-press too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.