T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rodney said:
Lastly, I'm not sure which shopping cart you're using (looks a bit like oscommerce). But you should look into an SEO or static URL module for it.

That way your links are easier to spider for the search engines. They would go from: http://govtissues.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28

To something like:
http://govtissues.com/catalog/product_info/21/28 or something like that.
Rodney, care to elaborate? Haven't been keeping up with web design/search engine stuff.

Thanks. Susan H.

·
Registered
282 Posts
govtissues said:
I guess that depends on the market you are targeting. In NY people spend a lot more than $38 on a tshirt that is different than something they can find just anywhere. I do realize that we will lose customers who cant pay that price tag, but I am not concerned to the point of cheapening our brand to compete with threadless and tshirthell. We are not them nor do we want to be.
I like your website, your designs, functionality (clean and intuitive navigation).
I was at Alternative Apparel showroom yesterday in LA and we were talking t-shirt prices. There are plenty who will pay more if they think it's special, with the right marketing, etc. To some shoppers, $38.00 is nothing. I'm frugal by nature so I'm not one of them.

Instead of not offering international shipping outright, perhaps suggest "international customers please send email regarding shipping". That way you don't turn away potential customers or can gather information for future mailings/annoucements.

What is your rationale is for not shipping to
international customers (besides Canada)? I have had very little problems since 1997 shipping to Europe, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan using Global Priority Mail or regular air mail (Par Avion). I can understand the risk of package lost and credit card fraud.

This is just me, but I like to know where my stuff is coming from. So if you're in New York City, then I think that's a plus because of the reputation for forward-thinking fashion.

I like your url and Walmart line (but you're preaching to the choir with me).

Did you modify an OS template? We are in the process of modifying a bunch of OS templates.

Best of luck,
Susan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.