T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jdr8271 said:
The website looks good. But with the $38 price tag, Im not sure that it is going to matter...about $20 too high.
I guess that depends on the market you are targeting. In NY people spend a lot more than $38 on a tshirt that is different than something they can find just anywhere. I do realize that we will lose customers who cant pay that price tag, but I am not concerned to the point of cheapening our brand to compete with threadless and tshirthell. We are not them nor do we want to be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Susan! The girl who designed my site did mention that she had modified the cart program, but to what extent I am not sure. I would be happy to ask if you had some specific questions.
I also agree on the pricing, and unlike a lot of people on here I would prefer not to be doing the bulk of selling. With an 18month old and another on the way, I am hoping to set up with some key retailers down in Soho, and for that reason I needed to up the retail price. If I make $38 on a shirt on the web, thats like 75% profit which would be amazing and wonderful but it is not my main focus. I have tons of discount codes in place for other message boards my husband and I frequent and will not expect the average joe to be paying full retail. But the people shopping on Bleeker Street who have seen us written up in Time Out New York (something I am working on) will have no problem shelling out the cash.
As far as international, I like your idea as far as not closing them off completely. Having been an ebay seller for years (not shirts) I just had one too many hassles with international shipping. I wouldnt have included Canada had it not been for my Canadian husband freaking out :)
I will at least open the possibility and if there seems to be a demand, I guess I should look into it.
Thanks again Susan, I really appreciate your time :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.