T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been lurking around the forums for years and looking at options to do my shirt designs in house vs having them printed by someone else by Direct To Garment. I've made a good amount of money over the years selling my shirts through my own website and also through Print On Demand websites.

About two weeks ago I ordered some supplies and equipment. I already have a huge catalog of designs so that is covered. I'm using Gildan shirts, Spectra Eco-Film and a Hotronix heat press.

The first 5 designs I've done have come out very well. The heat works great and the vinyl is easy to weed and zero issues with application.

The heat press I ordered was a 11 x 15, big mistake. The unit I bough was upgradeable with a very small restocking fee. Had it less than a week and ordered a 16 x 20 Hotronix to replace it. So I'm out about $90 in freight to return the small one and a $25 restocking fee. A painful lesson.

The cutter I use for my vinyl is a Silhouette Cameo. Alot of groans and shaking heads over that one I'm sure. Works great for me since my designs are all a max width of 12 inches. I use their Connect software that lets me send my Adobe Illustrator files directly to the cutter. I had an issue with the software working with Illustrator CS6. Silhouette wrote new code and updated the software the same day I contacted them about the issue. Excellent customer service.

Attachments

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOAH! That explosive tee must have taken a fair bit of weeding :) I was looking into the Silhouette Connect software and using it with Coreldraw...would you recommend it?...
Silhouette Connect works great with Illustrator. Click-File-Send exports directly to Cameo. So you get crisp lines using your vector graphics. If the level of service I got with my problem is any indication I'll be it works great with CorelDraw.

The weeding was not as bad as it looks. Most of the fine detail came out together or in bunches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.