1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up. for Under $300

I'm hoping I didn't make a bad purchase

(pictures at the bottom)

16" X 16" platen machine opens upward. The machine was lightly used the first 2 years, about 300 assorted shirts per year and it has been used a few times each year since 1995, for a few assorted shirts per year. The machine is excellent working condition.
This machine can be use for Heat transfers, lettering, Iron-on nailheads, iron-on rhinestones and embroidery.
  1. The machine was Mfg. in "1993" and was voted "Best Heat Seal Machines" by Press Magazine Poll
  2. 16" X 16" platen, 3/4" thick cast aluminum, Teflon coated platen
  3. 3/8" thick heat and soil resistant silicone pad
  4. Platinum-coated resistive temperature detector
  5. Automatic timer
  6. Solid state control panel
  7. 110 Volt
  8. interchangeable platens, you can purchase other interchangeable platen sizes from the mfg.
Machine comes with the following:
  1. Hot One Clam operating instructions
  2. VHS video tape - Start with Stahls' how to enter the growing world of custom sportswear
  3. 1 jar of E-ZEE platen cleaner
  4. 2 protector sheets
  5. samples

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...how to I make sure it heats evenly?

Just press a shirt?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thats a good press. It is the Hotronix Clam private labeled. This is actually a step above the Mighty Press. From the picture, I can see that it has the over center pressure adjustment(which is good). Also the backbone of the machine extends out over the center of the bottom platen, which will allow for high pressure applications. Heating element has a lifetime warranty, so you shouldn't have any problems there either. Enjoy and Congrats on the great deal:) If somehting would happen, you can order replacement parts from Stahls Hotronix. They still support and service those units.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Wow, you made a great deal. It is hard to find anything like this even on ebay. Most unit go for close the there original price. Good Job.. and after you make some money you can sell it and get a new one.. if you need too..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool..

I didn't know that you can get replacment parts from Hotronix

Great info.

Yeah I got in on ebay..but they wanted local pick up only.....so I think that helped me out a little bit with others that are looking nation-wide for a used press.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks..I picked it up last night

it's alot bigger and heavier than I thought..lol

Good thing my roomate was here to help me bring it inside

1 - 9 of 9 Posts