T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We output our own films for spot color work and send them to various screenprinters that print for us. Most of the time there aren't any issues, but occasionally we have some trouble with the quality of films. For example, the registration may be off a little or opacity of the image may not be good.

We use an Epson Stylus Pro 4000 to produce our films. It's basically a large, high quality inkjet. I'm told that some photo studios us the same printer to print portraits. We switched from a Xante Screen Printer that caused us more issues that I care to remember. This printer was recommended to us by an industry "professional" (ie, slick sales guy).

So, here are my questions:

Is anyone else using this Epson that we do? Do you have any issues?

If not this Epson, what are you using to produce your films? Should I be looking for something better than what I am using?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
75 Posts
Xante is the pitts. I have been trying to contact them since 1:15 PM EDST (It is now 5:15 EDST) and still have not gotten a response. This thing is a 115 lbs. $2000.00++ Boat Anchor. Anyone else expierencing similar frustration plese e-mail me. I am considering a law-suit. I gather from the fact that their suppot line is tied up 10++ hours a day that they are swamped with frustrated customers like myself. Help!!

· Registered
75 Posts
Fluid said:
I have an epson 1800 as a back up to my 2 thermal imagesetters. I purchase my ink and film from www.usscreen.com.
We get the waterproof ink and film. its a little more but works great. I believe it is called FastInk
While my imagesetters were down this worked like a champ. With a rip you can print halftones as well.
We talked about image settwers in the SGIA basic to professional workshop but I can't remember who makes them or where to get one. I have had it with Xante.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.