T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My choice for a laser is 4 mil kimodesk

Kimoto - Screentek Business Solutions

Many lasers can handle 12x18 paper, so either check your printer manual or cut down a piece of 11x17 paper down to 11x12 and try feeding though the printer with the 12" width. The extra inch allows your customers to design to a full 11x17, but still allows you to have room for marks.

Vellum is only good for 1 color line art. The vellum is very thin and tends to track crooked in the laser. Even 3 mil film won't register the best from a laser. Vellum also isn't good for halftones.

For printing 4 mil film on a laser, be sure to set the paper type to the thickest one defined in the laser. It will be called index card or cover stock. Without the thick paper setting, the toner won't fuse to the film properly.

fred
Fred, I have to disagree with you. We print 99% of our designs on vellum even eight color separations with half tones. We don't have any trouble with alignment.
We have a HP laserjet 8000n and the bottom tray is filled with vellum and it auto feeds.
The Velum we use is: UV Ultra Text, 11X17 17# White
We get it from Olmsted-Kirk Paper Company. Prehaps you should test it out and see.
John :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got some laser max film from Mt.Pocono screen supply haven't used it yet but it seems really good. Has anyone used this film yet? any tips on using it?the people at mt.Pocono screen supply seem really good i told them i was new to screen printing and they really went out of there way to help hopefully there product is as good as there service which really blew me away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts