T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've always been kind of curious if my printer will print dark enough to burn screens... I always stack 2 films up just to be safe... I was going to buy a rip to get denser films but haven't yet.. I want to start doing half tones but am worried without the film density the small halftone dots will get lost..

My question is would anyone be willing to send me a sample of their printed films... something like a 2 inch square box to make it easy to see the density... I would like to compare it to mine stacked like I do to see how I compare... or even just one copy not stacked to compare that as well...

I would mail you a self addressed and stamped envelope and like 5 bucks to pay for the film and your time. Would that work for anyone?

Thanks,
Jeron

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Screw that! - try a single film and do an exposure step test. Or...... Research the ink of your printer and find out more info about it. The info is here.

Some inks contain uv block, even though they appear translucent.

· Registered
91 Posts
You can turn a simple Epson inkjet into an all-black ink system. This will help you so much in the long run with quality, capabilities, and precision. Check out Film output and Screen Print Supplies. We get all our waterproof sheets of film and inks through them. The owner is a great guy- and will definitely give you all the information you need to dial in your films. You can purchase Accurip through them as well.

Honestly, if you are in it in the long run, put the money to making your life, and the quality, top notch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.