T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Epson Artisan 1430, and have downloaded the trial of Accurip. I have done the density and halftone test pages, but the ink is not dark enough. I have tired Caseys film and Matte film. Looking at the film in the light it looks almost charcoal, not black.:confused:

· Registered
49 Posts
Just bought a 1430 today cause my older 1400 had an issue I couldn't figure out. I installed the 1430 put in the supplied cartages and printed through t-rip and I was amazed how dark the print is. Just blown away. I was really expecting what you are getting lite brownish prints

So there has to be a setting you are missing in your artwork program. If it's corel draw make sure you are using RBG black and not their version of black which use to print brownish for me

· Registered
8,374 Posts
In Corel you have to find the box that say perserve pure black. Do a nozzle check and make sure they are all printing.

· Registered
38 Posts
Are you going into the Accurip, File, Setup and looking at your droplets weight and what colors are selected? Make sure all colors are clicked on, and usually a droplet weight of 7 is plenty of ink for a nice dark black output even at bi-lateral printing.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Are you going into the Accurip, File, Setup and looking at your droplets weight and what colors are selected? Make sure all colors are clicked on, and usually a droplet weight of 7 is plenty of ink for a nice dark black output even at bi-lateral printing.
If you don't have all black then don't click all colors. It will reduce the amount of black being used by the black channel and compensate with other colors that aren't as opaque. It been a while since I used Accurip but if I remember right you can only set the droplet for all channels chosen. That's why I use Filmmaker. You can choose the percentage by each channel.

· Registered
105 Posts
It been a while since I used Accurip but if I remember right you can only set the droplet for all channels chosen. That's why I use Filmmaker. You can choose the percentage by each channel.
Yes it's only one setting for all carts. Or single black cart.
If you are using all black though why would you need different % in different channels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.