T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need a professional solution for film output, my business is growing and designs we produce are more complicated. I used to work with inkjet based printers (Epson) and laser (OKI) for film output but now I need a solution for durable waterproof films made by some serious machine.

Since now, when I have a bigger job with 9+colors I use company who make offeset tables and thinking about buying one of these but when I see the process (17+ old) of making films in that way I'm confused... Takes a lot of time and it's expensive. I'm wondering is there a similar machine or option for making high quality durable films for silkscreen.

Every advice is great. Thank you!

· Registered
21 Posts
I assume you are talking about Image Setter?
They are far less than 17K. They are around $1K -$3K.
Imagesetter: PrePress Equipment | eBay
Image Setter is superior machine when it comes to film quality but keep in mind they need maintenance. Film processor need weekly cleaning and chemical top up or replacement while image setter do need calibration by expert from time to time.

· Registered
21 Posts
I don't have experience with thermal image setter but from what I know they are not cheap and quality they produce is not as good as proper image setter. Still, thermal image setter should produce superior film comparing to ink jet printed film.
For pad printing and screen printing on promotional products I use film house to produce film for me on proper image setter. I do need very fine details like text that is 6pt or 7pt and as far as I know only proper image setter can produce film with such fine text that I can use to develop plate or screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.