T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before ? A client sends an ai file to us, after downloading the file we open and do the proper separations. In the time of opening the file and resaving when we go to open the file again elements have shifted.

Could this be an issue of how the client saves the file originally ? possibly using + and other charecters?

or could this be a cs4 issue ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes all elements are vector and I am almost positive the client is using cs4 and so are we

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Could it be that the file was created in Corel and saved as a .AI file, I could maybe see a problem opening it in Illustrator depending on the two different versions of software. (Corel 3x - CS4)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
no clue what the problem is but i can tell you a couple things to try and isolate the problem.

open the original file, everything is ok with the design? if so, select all and copy. start a new document and paste your design into this new document. is everything still ok with the design? if so, save as and close the file. reopen this new file and see if everything is ok. if objects moved, it would have something to do with your file.

The issue your having is very odd from what you've explained, vector objects shouldn't be moving around unless you move them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone I appreciate the help
ill try that out red and let you know how it goes

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Could it be that the file was created in Corel and saved as a .AI file, I could maybe see a problem opening it in Illustrator depending on the two different versions of software. (Corel 3x - CS4)
i used to use Corel several years ago, i would often get illustrator or freehand files. Naturaly non of those programs worked together so i always had issues importing the files. I don't recall ever having issues with objects being displaced. The majority of the issues between Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator were gradient or pattern fill and also layers/groups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts