T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm primarily a lurker on here but have run into a bit of a jam. I'm printing white on pink tees. I'm doing print-flash-print, 110 mesh with XOLB plastisol. I've read on here to do the first pass (after flooding) with little pressure, but then saw a video to use a lot of pressure. What are your thoughts? It's a new screen and my off contact is 1/8" to 1/4".

Thanks for your time and insight. I've learned a TON on here!

Jay

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If you go to the search box and type in "fibers coming up with white" you will get several pages of threads that deal with this subject. It is very common because the white ink is so thick. There are a lot of different fixes that people have come up with including harder squeegies, tight mesh, 110 to 156 mesh, stirring for 10 minutes, adding reducer, etc. There was a thread on this subject that had a lot of good answers in it within the past few months.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
white ink is the most difficult inks to work with. this is how I print white ink.

1. tight screen(new if you have one)
2. 230 mesh(this one always causes a discusion)
3. screen coated 2/1 ( 1 on the ink well side - 2 on the shirt side)
4. flood the screen
5. using a push stroke and low squeegee angle with heavy pressure, push the ink
6. flash
7. flood the screen
8. using a push stroke with a higher squeegee angle(almost streight upand down) and less pressure , push the ink
9. push stroke one more time without flooding the screen ( this will help clear the screen)
10. cure ! perfect white B.O.O.M!!!!!

Inked

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know there are a lot of threads on it, and a lot of techniques. I was just looking for some opinions since I've seen different types. I hope to get my B.O.O.M. on tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
When I'm printing white, I usually use about 5% reducer and print through a 158 or a 200. 230 doesn't let enough ink through, and 110 and 124 lay down too much ink and seem to promote fibrillation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.