T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am fairly new on the vinyl designs and cutters. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I am making some shirts for our local school's FFA chapter. They want to put their FFA Emblem on the t-shirts and have given me permissions to print them out. I've found the design online that was already in eps format so that I could import it into my flexi software. The problem that I am having is when I actually cut the design. In the software, it looks perfect... the cut lines are great evertying looks like it should,.. however when I cut the logo out ( I am cutting it about 3 inches wide). When it gets finished, the design looks like crap... you can't even tell what it should be... here is a link to the file (Free FFA Logo EPS) I used the Agriculural eps file. Do you guys know what I could be doing wrong?? The shirts are due on Friday and this is the only piece that is lacking...

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, I thought I should mention. I have tried seveal different files that were online and even took a jpeg file into inkscape and traced it out to create a new file and had the same problems.....

everything else I cut out looks good.... i don't know if it is just because it is so detailed or what....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well looking at the EPS, you need to get rid of the extra layers, just keep the black one and clean them up, they arent too smooth. Also having it so small will make it loose alot of details, so you can either a) make the design bigger or 2) alter the logo to make it cut better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts