T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. A friend and I are starting up our own t-shirt brand, and before we buy all our gear to start printing them we just want to be sure on some things.

We're situated in the UK (near Liverpool)

Firstly, I've read that Alluminium frames are better to work with then wooden ones, because they last much longer, they don't warp, they keep the mesh tighter etc.

I was just wanted to know, if you apply the mesh to the frame, can you take it off again and re-use the frame for another design? Or is this a no no?

Also could anybody tell me where I could get these frames, possibly for a good price. I went to an art store in the city centre yesterday and they never had wooden frames or alluminium frames.

Secondly, I've been looking around for inks and I just had a couple of questions. Does anyody have any recomendations for inks? I've heard that water-based inks are making a come back for various reasons, so could anybody link me to some good priced and good quality inks? Also, can't you use paint? As in wall paint or house paint, the type of stuff you will find in your shed? I've read online that you can jerry-rig the process by using house paint, and that it saves money or is this just a myth?

Finally is printing the image on transparency paper. I only have an A4 printer, but the designs I want to screen print are larger then A4. My college has an A3 printer, and my post-office has an A3 photocopier. Is there anyway I can print my images on plain A3 paper and expose them to the screen?

Many thanks to anyone who reads this.
Mikey

· Registered
1,479 Posts
I was just wanted to know, if you apply the mesh to the frame, can you take it off again and re-use the frame for another design? Or is this a no no?
the screen should come with the mesh on it and u dont need to remesh the screen to add another design just wash out all the ink and emulation and its ready for a new one

, can't you use paint? As in wall paint or house paint, the type of stuff you will find in your shed? I've read online that you can jerry-rig the process by using house paint, and that it saves money or is this just a myth?
im sure u can but it gonna look and fell like s*&t and it not meant to it

Finally is printing the image on transparency paper. I only have an A4 printer, but the designs I want to screen print are larger then A4. My college has an A3 printer, and my post-office has an A3 photocopier. Is there anyway I can print my images on plain A3 paper and expose them to the screen?
u can print on what ever u have if the design is to big to fit on the film ur using u can just print different part and just tape them together

· Registered
1,827 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that, it's cleared a lot of stuff up for me. Does anybody have any recomendations where they buy their inks and frames from?

I've searched Google but been quite unsuccessful in finding inks and frames.
Any help would be great.

Thanks

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.