T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I purchased pre cut flock(felt) from stahls and as per there directions of 350 degrees and 20 seconds press time with 7 level of firmness, i am also using the teflon sheet between shirt and hot plate but it does not seem to stick correctly to the 100% cotton hoodie. It is easy to peel off if you pick at the edges. I bought some fabric clear washable glue and pre glued it and let it sit for a day to dry and will heat press it tomorrow on the same temp. will this work? are there any other ways to make it stick and last for washing daily and everyday use so the felt does not peel off? and i will not sow due to costs and time. thank you!

· Registered
102 Posts
Hi Joeandphill,

Have you tried raising the temperature? We use pre-cut flock lettering here in the UK but we apply at about 365 for 15 seconds. In addition, we use release paper rather than a Teflon sheet, as a Teflon sheet reduces it by 15/20 degrees, too!

Also, how old is your heat press? If it's been used for a number of years, the temperature may not be calibrated exactly to the display temp. Think about getting an infrared thermometer (heat gun), to ensure that your press readout is accurate...

Hope this helps!

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.