T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I have an 8 head Feiya machine with a problem with the pantograph. All 8 heads stitch perfectly but for some reason the pantograph doesn't seem to move to the right place.
If i am doing arched text half way up each side of the arch the letters become squashed. i have checked the belt tensions and they seem to be ok. i cant work out what it is doing it. i was thinking it could be how the pantograph is supported as it is very long and heavy, even though its split in half every 4 heads.

it 100% isnt the thread tensions or the digitising i have checked both of these. the machine is about 10 years old. i will get the exact make and model and post it on here.

any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me made.

Thanks
Ian

· Registered
10,342 Posts
check all the bolts and screws on the pantograph. We had some not tight enough that caused a problem. Also check for binding in the movement.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

i have checked all the fixings to the pantogaph. there were two missing so it didnt look like the pantograph was supported in the middle. i added bolts to this and now it is supported. I also checked the belts and adjusted them. what does binding in the movement mean. i will post some pictures later.

· Registered
56 Posts
Binding as in tightness in the movement. Turn off the power and try to move the pantograph by hand. You may feel it tighten at a certain point in it's travel. This may be due to stiff bearings or sliders, I've even found screws lodged in the belts causing this sort of problem. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thats really appreciated. I actually think that is what it is. I adjusted the belts but when I move it I feel there are points where it feels like it gets tougher or jars. Have you experienced thos problem before

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thats really appreciated. I actually think that is what it is. I adjusted the belts but when I move it I feel there are points where it feels like it gets tougher or jars. Have you experienced thos problem before

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats really appreciated. I actually think that is what it is. I adjusted the belts but when I move it I feel there are points where it feels like it gets tougher or jars. Have you experienced thos problem before

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats really appreciated. I actually think that is what it is. I adjusted the belts but when I move it I feel there are points where it feels like it gets tougher or jars. Have you experienced thos problem before

· Registered
10,342 Posts
For us on and SWF 1501C binding was when something obstructed the movement of the pantograph. It may be just oil or grease that you need or it may be something that fell into a tight spot and is holding it up.

· Registered
56 Posts
I've actually caused it when servicing Brother machines. They don't like a tight belt, and will give narrow stitching if you overtighten. I've found all sorts in machines that have caused similar issues-pens, screws, bobbins, thread cones, but most notably worn tracks-a kind of plastic insert on the underside of the pantograph which moves along a roller bearing. They get widened a little with use and cause lost motion. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've actually caused it when servicing Brother machines. They don't like a tight belt, and will give narrow stitching if you overtighten. I've found all sorts in machines that have caused similar issues-pens, screws, bobbins, thread cones, but most notably worn tracks-a kind of plastic insert on the underside of the pantograph which moves along a roller bearing. They get widened a little with use and cause lost motion. :)
I will try all of the above. i have a couple of images to upload of the embroidery so you can all see. also i think the pantograph sags forward which could be creating an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.