T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
It takes forever to load! I think a lot of people would get tired of it and move on before it finishes. Why you put all the t-shirts on one page? It's supposed to be 9 or 12 on each page. The shirt designs are good though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jdr8271 said:
Cool designs!

I personally don't like the look of spreadshirt stores though. Spreadshirt has the better product than cafepress, but cafepress definitely blows them away on customization of the store.
Spreadshirt shops are actually 100% customizable, but you have to know HTML. You can enter new html code and display your shop anyway you want. I agree that the original default layout is not that nice.
http://www.bluefishtshirts.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bougie said:
It takes forever to load! I think a lot of people would get tired of it and move on before it finishes. Why you put all the t-shirts on one page? It's supposed to be 9 or 12 on each page. The shirt designs are good though.
Its up to the shop owner how its displayed and how many shirts are on the first page. A shop owner can also make links at the top for different categories and such so that you are not just sifting through 100s of shirts in no particular order. Spreadshirt is not as user friendly with the setup of the shop as other fulfillment services, but if you know a little HTML you can do anything you want with your shop.

Our site generally does not take long to load on most machines. But please do let me know if you find it slow...I would appreciate feedback on those types of things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the thing that gets me about spreadshirt, is that you think someone has come up with a good design, only to see it on another persons site. i dont mind paying for someones original art on a shirt, but it just gives me a weird feeling, when when spreadshirt comes up with a design and all of their members start selling it. its cool that spreadshirt is making money off their design, but, again, im a little troubled when i think someone has come up with something great, and then i see it on a dozen other sites.

of course, im probably going to use spreadshirt myself at some point. im such a hypocrite.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I first opened my spreadshirt shop I only had my original designs. Now I have a good collection of both. The spreadshirt designs sell great and they allow you to modify them, or add your text, etc to make them a little more original. But you are not required to use their designs by any means.

I've found people aren't too hung up on buying a t-shirt thats original...if its cool and they like it then they'll buy it and wear it. Who cares if other people sell it too. You go to the mall and every other store is caring the same t-shirt that says "Everything is bigger in texas", yet they all sell out of them day after day.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They only allow you to have THREE vector designs of your own until you sell 10 shirts (or pay for premium membership). So right now since I just opened my shop and have no sales yet, and since I haven't had time to make a lot of my own designs, I am using mostly Spreadshirt's designs. But I have a long list of original designs I'm going to make as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback on the designs. You are right about the look and feel of the cafepress store because of the customization!

jdr8271 said:
Cool designs!

I personally don't like the look of spreadshirt stores though. Spreadshirt has the better product than cafepress, but cafepress definitely blows them away on customization of the store.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Frames are bad. You should really avoid using frames on your site; there are other alternatives (ssi or php) that can do the same thing just as well. SSI is very easy to implement and counters the negatives (can't bookmark subpages, search engines hate frames, and more) that you'll have with frames.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How does this work? My husband and I were going to sell our shirts on EBAY but maybe this is another idea. SO, I would come up with the design and then pay to have it put on a shirt and then have my Estore on this site then what? My customers (how do I market my store??) They go to the site and then search through my tees and then???? Once they buy one of my tees do they send me the $$ or this site and then the site pays me? Please explain step by step how it works. If it seems like a good idea, I might check it out especially if that is how some of you got started. Do you have to have all of your own designs/ideas???? Can you sell theirs?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
silverbolt said:
How does this work?
Try reading the Spreadshirt FAQ, it should answer those questions. It will at least tell you most of what you need to know, then you can ask specific questions in the forum, or ask one of their customer service representatives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts