T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I've been follow this site for almost a year now and i learned so much from everybodies advice. I finally dropped my new website and i wanted some feed back on it. (designs, logo, the "about", etc.) Thanks

http://Bluudreams.com

P.s. feel free to to give advice on how i can make it better

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep.. I agree about removing the intro .. you can loose some clients on this part.. intr-o is good only in case if its outstanding.. or if it's have a message,a story to tell ,
about the site maybe you'll try more bigger product image size ,in generally try to extend the site to 1040px wide .
about logo .. well people a usual to see Small logos :)) but yours is to big .. and may be this is you vision about it but because of logo size you should scroll down to the products .. and I suggest to try another color for the logo so it can "play" with background color.
and by the way a small logo looks more catchy
Well .. that was my opinion :)
I wish you success !
p.s. sorry for may English :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't like how every time I click on something it puts your logo, blame in my face. I found it annoying. I like the intro and think it's cool. Also I didn't find what type of shirt am I buying as in 100% cotton or what. Are they regular jersey fit or what? So I would say make it stop putting the logo in my face and put more information about the type of shirt. Other wise it's a cool site.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your homepage is pretty, and I thought 'alright sweet. we have some potential here.' but then I opened it and found a generic Big Cartel site, and not a well designed one, at that. The background and logo are green, which is ironic given your name. Also, the design takes focus away from your products.

There's also no info about what shirts you print on, nor is there information on how to return shirts if there's a defect, change in heart etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Remove the splash page. The green grid is tough on the eyes, maybe try to revert to something that is less aggressive, simple is good and it also may happen to appeal to a wider audience, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you everybody for your feed back I'm definitely going to go back into the website and make some adjustments. Hopefully i can make the site smoother for all audiences

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gotta agree with a lot of other people, lose the splash page, make the logo smaller, and change that green grid background.

Of course, the splash page is the only one that you have on your own domain, so it would be hard for you do promote just a Big Cartel storefront. So instead of losing the spash page, how about turning it into a homepage with links to places where people can find you on the web (social networking sites and that kind of thins), and add in some pictures of the tees on there too, so that even though people will still have to click through to big cartel, they know what they're going to be seeing before they get there.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I think you have a good idea, and I like how you present it on your blog, but you don't translate much of that to your site.

I agree with others that say get rid of the intro page. Incorporate the little blue diver guy into your site. The logo is way too big, and I don't really get the green grid. It seems to me if the clothing is about following your dreams, the site should be more inspirational. I can see a ton of promotions you could do just around the theme of "I followed my dream wearing Bluu Dreams shirts", but that doesn't really fit in with the current site.

Also, you need to update your FAQs to include a shipping policy and a return policy. Those policies can be very reassuring for potential shoppers.

In my opinion, your "A Dollar and A Dream" post from the blog should be your About Us page, and should be what the site design is based on. Create a site that celebrates people going after their dreams.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you everybody for your responses, i am taking notes of what everybody said, and im currently brain storming on whats the best way to execute everything. The sites only been up for a week but i now think i have an idea of where i want to take it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts