T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
I like the look of the site, clean, easy to navigate.
I didn't see any return policy nor privacy policy link.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
My first impression is "animal rescue blog". Given how important first impressions are, I think that's a bad start. Closer inspection leads to "Okay, you're a printer of some kind." So it's not until the third impression of reading the copy that anyone would know just what you do. Not everyone will give you that chance. My fourth impression was "This must be a Wordpress template. Ah, Joomla... that logo is way too prominent. Hmm, this whole thing is kind of unprofessional for a printer."

It looks like the whole thing was slapped together based on a pre-existing template - including the bunny pictures. It looks like one of those sample sites that are setup to show off the software, where someone makes up an arbitrary company name and builds a sample site around it. They're not showcasing the fictional company, just what the software can do.

So my impression looking at your website is that it's either a fictional printing company that doesn't exist used to advertise web design, or someone setting up a con website and using a lot of default layouts and graphics so they don't have to invest design time in a fictional company.

The single thing that pretty much sums up the entire site is "Everything looks default."

There's a lot more to web design than whether or not a site looks good, and I'm sorry to be this blunt, but I think your website is absolutely terrible.

The first things I would do if it were my site and I was trying to save it would be to get rid of the gradient bar with the RSS and XHTML links at the footer of every page. Get rid of any mention of templates, Joomla, etc. Get rid of the stock photography, and use something that looks a little more personal. Put an 'about us' page up that has photos of your equipment (this is vital since there are so many trust issues with your site). Desperately try and insert some kind of personality that says 'this is an actual company'. Bring in something that didn't come with the default software install.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. I know it isn't going to be what you want to hear, but your site looks rather bland.

You certainly need a darker green on the navigation links, as not everyone's monitor is calibrated the same. You definitely don't need the duplication on the home page, as one rabbit is enough indication as to where your trading name comes from.

I know we all have different perpectives, but a business site should 'grab you by the throat' when you look at it. Not be forgotten two minutes later.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The site is clean and easy to navigate. I would add some contact information on the footer of all your pages.

I also feel that you give a little too much information on how each process is done. This would be great if maybe it was in it's own section saying how each process works. But if I am a customer and I want a 100 full color prints on black shirts, I don't give a darn how you print them. I just want to know the price and know they will come out good. I quickly will get disinterested in reading all the information on your site on how the process works, and may leave. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice looking site and it's functional too. Allot of websites are hard if not impossible to navigate. Your site is easy to navigate. The only thing that would help is if you could put a little sizzle in it to help sales.
I'd love to get the prices you charge for t-shirts. Do you get any resistance to the prices? I wanted to do a design your own t-shirt site but didn't want to pay someone monthly forever to use their script. I'm not sure how well that will do as opposed to having pre-designed shirts for people to buy.
Philip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi its great you got your webpage up. I didnt glance at it a lot. But some quick thoughts are: With such a cute name for your business I would expect to see a "cotton tail" in your bunny photo :) And since the rabbit is a part of your logo or company name I would think that should be next to your name of the company and tshirts in the photo where you have the large photo of the rabbit. So people know right off what you are offering. Your name design is pretty but a bit unreadable. I would lessen the flourish and head for a more readable font. Afterall your name is the most important thing besides your product since people return to the names they recall. Good luck! Happy Hopping to you :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Before you go changing anything ...

Your site seems to work the way that it is. Your links took me to where they said they would and I can also read your logo just fine. And an image of a printed t-shirt (or other print related material) on the home page couldn't hurt either.

I get that this a printing site, mainly because it says so. But if other people need more of a visual cue, then adding a few minor touches couldn't hurt either. :)

Your site is pretty calm. If I was anxious about spending my money on your print related work, your site would certainly help to put me at ease. :D

Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts