T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Your product photos are extremely high in artefacts (I would have sworn they were jpegs based on that), and your model shots are gifs (which mean they're larger than they need to be, and do an extremely poor job of depicting skintone).

In your FAQ when you mention PayPal, you might want to explain to people what that is.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow...very impressive.

The only flaw I could find in the few minutes I looked at it was the close up pictures of the designs are blurry. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a close up/detailed picture.

But other than that..it looks very pro status!
What program did you create it in?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice Work, simple, easy to us, like the roll over. Think you should perhaps introduce a bit of color to the garments not everyone will want a military look. Agreed the close ups are blurry.
Well done you must be pleased with it!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cool designs. I like the site... easy to navigate...

I agree with Paul on the military look... but if this is your target market go ahead with it.

Have fun!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the site. Very simple, yet effective.

BUT, I would add a section in your navigation with the shirts you offer. Or I would make them more prominant in your index page. For some reason when I was skimming them, I didnt notice that all the designs that you offered were on the index page.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Same thing the others said, you need to work on getting better quality in those photos. I bet you have tried to make them low res for the sake of a faster loading page, but you've gone a little too far. It's ok to sacrifice a little loading time (a few more seconds) for a high quality picture.

Or, you can link to bigger resolution photos which show close-ups of your design. You should probably do this anyway, whether or not you fix the original photos.

Your text on the pages is very small. I would enlarge it a size or two - especially your navigation links along the top, those should be at least 2 sizes bigger. Small text looks 'neat' but medium-sized text is easier to read and understand quickly. Take the size of text used in the posts in these forums, for example. Not too big, not too small, and easy to scan through and read without trying too hard. :)

You should also think about adding a line of links to all your pages at the bottom of the pages as well.. Many sites have this feature and it's very helpful for navigation because you can find your next link without having to scroll back up the page.

One thing I noticed is that most of your pages have no "title" in the title bar. This can make a big difference as to how search engines pick you up. Also, if someone bookmarks a page, it will just show up as "Untitled Page".

I would suggest putting the description of the shirt first and your URL second - such as "Showstopper tee - Electronic dance music t-shirts at blackbeararmy.com"

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. You have a tag line in your signature - "Suit up, get down". I think it's a great line which reinforces the "dance culture" theme of your brand, and you should be using it more.

Unfortunately, I don't see this line anywhere on your site! You could easily add it in a simple graphic (red on white) to the right of your bear logo, or put it in your front page text somewhere. Just use it somewhere. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are awesome!

I really appreciate all the feedback and plan to work to incorporate your suggestions. My pictures probably look poor because I laid the shirts out on my driveway on a sunny San Antonio summer afternoon when I took them. :)

I need to do better and I definitely need to learn more about picture quality and posting pictures on sites that take both site loading optimization and picture quality into account.

Ken- I used adobe photoshop, imageready, and golive to build the site. I want to learn enough about html to be able to get it up to standards, somewhat...

Thanks again everybody. I've got a ways to go, but the overarching sentiment of this thread has me thinking I'm on the right track. :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Site navigation is good. Company logo is awesome. Not sure how it relates to DJ'ing, but it is very nicely done.

You should add a "t-shirts" or "Shop Now" link to your navigation bar so a person will know exactly where to go to start shopping (and know that your site is for shopping :))

Maybe make the top navigation links stand out a bit more as navigation links (maybe larger font, underlined)

Make sure the TITLE tag of every page is descriptive.

Like other's have said, the thumbnail graphics look a bit blurry.

Add a easy link to the sizing chart (or the actual sizing chart) on all the individual product pages.

Make sure when you add the add to cart buttons, that they go 'above the fold" so people can see them without scrolling.

Maybe add in your product descriptions how your shirts are printed.

I agree that the font size on the product pages should be increased.

I like the homepage layout. Maybe you could add a "newsletter" function to the site so people who are interested in your designs/company can get updates from you.

You're definitely on the right track!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
RAHchills said:
My pictures probably look poor because I laid the shirts out on my driveway on a sunny San Antonio summer afternoon when I took them.
They look like that because they were saved as .gifs, possibly compounded by the photos being taken from too far away and cropped.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
RAHchills said:
I viewed my site from work today and see just how bad those pics look.
Well, at least that's the first step to being able to fix them ;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes, I've noticed that when I work on my site at home...it's a differnt story on my work computer. (Home I use FireFox at work I use IE).

I always evaluate my site from work and then send myself emails on what to fix for when I get home

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good thinking, I also find it's good practice to view sites on different computers as it's not just browers that make a difference.
You are going about this in the right way, good luck

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been able to update my alt tags and meta data and thought I'd have time this week to get more done on the site but its slow going finding time to tinker, as usual.

Hopefully I'll be able to "geterdone" by the end of the weekend. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts