Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Something else (say below...)

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love getting free stuff with our purchases. Below is a selection of things I've encountered, and we're currently putting together our own selection of randon surprise goods.

We're talking Oddica quality freebies here, not stinky tat...

So....who likes what?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
As a customer I find flyers, postcards, etc. a waste of environmental resources. I don't trust food that's been through the mail system, so I'd never eat it (which defeats the purpose).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never had sweets from a commercial company....but oddly enough on eBay, sweets are like liquid gold.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Yeah, I've experienced it a couple of times on eBay too. I wouldn't have thought many people would be willing to eat food under those circumstances.

I almost never actually use stickers, but for some reason I like them anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Hmm, that reminds me - polypropelene and cotton bags are very popular here at the moment too. It seems like every third person in Brunswick, young or old, uses a Cotton On polypropelene bag as their handbag.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i once got a really well-designed pencil. sounds silly but it was too cool to use. so i keep it on my coffee table and admire it!

i've given away a lot of buttons/badges myself. my designs carry health messages, so i've taken to sticking them in bulletin boards around the university here as a little guerilla advertising campaign. hehehe

·
Registered
255 Posts
Magnets, but not the little vinyl type. I like the magnets with enough power to hold several sheets of paper at one time.
Also, ink pens. I hate spending money for a pen to use everyday. I keep some of the better pens, but, like to use the freebies around the house.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used to like getting free buttons and pins.

But now that I'm older and what started as a "little" collection is approaching semi-organized pack rack levels...
I like Stickers/Decals followed by postcards.:)

Small and thin and I can put in a little scrapbook.
Stickers take up less room:D

I do have a small box of cool pens/pencils going back about 16 years.
And bigger boxes of buttons/pins to name a few of my "collections" ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
LOL, my other half has been coming home with lots of pharmaceutical pens. I think they're from taking his mom to the doctors a few times a week.;)

DFras said:
Magnets, but not the little vinyl type. I like the magnets with enough power to hold several sheets of paper at one time.
Also, ink pens. I hate spending money for a pen to use everyday. I keep some of the better pens, but, like to use the freebies around the house.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jdr8271 said:
I would have used the air freshener, except for the fact that the smell was so strong that it was unbearable.
...which is why it's one of those "nice in theory" ideas... what's the shirt going to be like after spending three days in an enclosed envelope with that?

Also raises potential allergy issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts