T-Shirt Forums banner

Fatal Error

4649 Views 22 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  equipmentzone1
After I print 10 or 12 shirts I get a "Fatal Error" light, both red light blinking together. Any ideas on what causes this. I can press the green power button and then turn it back on and the printer goes though start up and error still occurs. I can power of the whole machine and half the time this will fix the problem, the other half I have to wait a few minutes and then come back and turn it on.
Room temp= 73F, Humidity =64%
Thanks in advance.

David
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Check to make sure the sensors are working. Take a credit card or business card and put it between the sensor and make sure the light goes out. I have had a drop of ink in there and did the same thing. Also could be ribbon cable going the the print head. Give Equipment zone a call. They have ALWAYS gotten me back up & running
Hi David,

This certainly shouldn't be a common occurrence. Please contact our support department tomorrow.

Best regards,

Alex
Problem seems not to occur if I turn the printer off for about a half hour. I seem to spend about 3 hours a day just to print a couple of shirts.
Checked all the sensor and ribbon cables. Any other ideas?

Alex: You can call me about that call service idea and I'll explain how that worked out. 214-504-8905
David
What is the lighting like in the room where you print - I know that you can get the double flashing lights due to your lights messing with the eyes. I used to have a light bank on the wall behind my printer and if I turned them on I would get fatal errors - took them down and the problem went away. Still get a double flasher every once and a while during long runs but they are rare.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Found the problem. It was the front center sensor. It. Is running great.

David
Hi David,

Great to hear. I'm glad our support department was able to assist you.

-Alex
Hi David,

Great to hear. I'm glad our support department was able to assist you.

-Alex
Everyone was great in helping.
David
Found the problem. It was the front center sensor. It. Is running great.

David
hi, can i know what sensor did you mention?
hi, can i know what sensor did you mention?
The sensors they are talking about are the ones that are located underneath the shirt board. These sensors tell the printer where the shirt board is located. Most of the times a double flashing fatal error is caused when the printer thinks there is a paper jam. Starting up the printer with the shirt board in the middle will clear the error.
The sensors they are talking about are the ones that are located underneath the shirt board. These sensors tell the printer where the shirt board is located. Most of the times a double flashing fatal error is caused when the printer thinks there is a paper jam. Starting up the printer with the shirt board in the middle will clear the error.
thanks for the explanation. I have tried to start up the printer with the shirt board in the middle but still dint work. Still has the double flashing fatal error :confused:
thanks for the explanation. I have tried to start up the printer with the shirt board in the middle but still dint work. Still has the double flashing fatal error :confused:
Try manually moving the bed with the left and right arrows before start up. Move it to the load position then back out to the eject position. Try this a couple of times then move it to the middle. Now start up the printer.
Try manually moving the bed with the left and right arrows before start up. Move it to the load position then back out to the eject position. Try this a couple of times then move it to the middle. Now start up the printer.
which bed you mean? and the load and eject position?
this is my video
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t328393.html
which bed you mean? and the load and eject position?
The bed would be the shirt board. Eject and load would be the positions that those specific buttons on the control panel would move the shirt board to. If you hold the right arrow the bed will move toward the back. That's load position. If you hold the left arrow the bed will move to the front. That is eject position.
The bed would be the shirt board. Eject and load would be the positions that those specific buttons on the control panel would move the shirt board to. If you hold the right arrow the bed will move toward the back. That's load position. If you hold the left arrow the bed will move to the front. That is eject position.
oh I see. you are talking about this printer. I have the difference printer no wonder I dint get you. :D
oh I see. you are talking about this printer. I have the difference printer no wonder I dint get you. :D
Ha. Yes this is the velocijet section. So anything on here would be about that model. Hopefully my posts can shed light to anyone else who may experience this issue.

Hi Fulstory,

Unfortunately, you do not have a Veloci-Jet printer. You have what appears to be a diy or Chinese printer. The sensors, drive system, and controls of the Veloci-Jet printers will be totally different from the printer you have. I have noticed that you have also posted on several other printer manufacturers forums looking for help with your printer problems. Those printers are also not the same as your machine so whatever procedures work for them will not necessarily work for your printer.
_
Hi Fulstory,

Unfortunately, you do not have a Veloci-Jet printer. You have what appears to be a diy or Chinese printer. The sensors, drive system, and controls of the Veloci-Jet printers will be totally different from the printer you have. I have noticed that you have also posted on several other printer manufacturers forums looking for help with your printer problems. Those printers are also not the same as your machine so whatever procedures work for them will not necessarily work for your printer.
_
ya but I think if the problem is the epson parts itself, it wouldnt be any big difference. I just hope that my printer will be back to normal. :(
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.