T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. First time poster here, but I'm at my wits' end.

We have had this T-Jet 2 for about 4 years, and it has been running well in Windows XP, with FastArtist 1.5.1 and FastRIP 9, configured with the FASTJET2.4.2R.pkg. We have all our designs saved as exports in a .JTB format, which we simply drag-and-drop on the FastRIP program to print them.

We recently had a hard drive crash, restored files from backup, reloaded Windows and the T-jet software. And all was was fine for about 20 shirts, and then FastRIP crashed when we tried to drag-and-drop one of our .JTB files on to it.

Sometimes, FastRIP immediately disappears and the Windows "Send Error Report" dialog appears. Other times, FastRIP just hangs after extracting and sits there with a half-drawn window until we kill it. It never actually accepts the file, nor comes close to printing.

The sad part is that I have gone through every permutation I can think of to get this thing back online. I have clean installed Windows XP Home SP2, tried it in Parallels on a Mac, downgraded to an older Epson driver (both via Add/Remove and after a clean Windows install), tried a new USB cable, multiple ports, deleted the "Queues" folder. All to no avail. At one point, it printed a shirt and then on the next try, reverted to the same problem.

The only hint I get is that when FastRIP just hangs, I end up with a log file in the Queues folder that says either "Permission error loading driver" and/or "error: 'configurationerror' during ... RGB Tiff Driver".

I just finished my most recent format disk, install of Windows, FastArtist/RIP, Epson 2200 drivers, and it immediately failed. Corruption in my JTB files seems unlinkely since there are so many and we got working prints out of them for a while after the restore.

Anyone with more experience troubleshooting this setup have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hello,

There were some compatibilty issues with .jtb versions, so if they were created with an earlier version of FastRIP they might cause a problem.

Anyway if you have problems with .jtb files, this is a work around.

Rename the .jtb to .zip and you can now open the file as a zip file. Then you should see a Jobxxxx.ps file, copy this out onto your desktop (or a temp folder) and drag and drop this onto FastRIP.
Its not the raster data, but is the original PostScript job and you can RIP this again and print it.

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

You are the man. That's the knowledge I was missing. Extracting the native Postscript worked like a charm. You got Paypal? Because I seriously owe you some beer (or other favored beverage) money.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.