T-Shirt Forums banner

Fastest 13x19 Printer?

2421 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  theworldisours69
Hello Everyone!

I currently have an Epson 7010 that's been nothing short of amazing but I was wondering if there was anything that could print faster? I print about 50 13x19 sheets a day and it takes roughly 6 hours to do so. I can only use 1 printer so having multiple of the same printer is out of the question.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I currently have an Epson 7010 that's been nothing short of amazing but I was wondering if there was anything that could print faster? I print about 50 13x19 sheets a day and it takes roughly 6 hours to do so. I can only use 1 printer so having multiple of the same printer is out of the question.

You must be printing some very detailed stuff? Cuz I just did a full page (4) color camo pattern and it took 3mins. Multiplied by 50 that would 2.5hrs. plus I'll add another 30mins. for B.S.ing and those ADD moments when I surf in lieu of hitting print and that'll have me at 3hrs.

Oh yeah, I did that on the WF-7520. Back to surfing and printing or vice-versa.
Hello Everyone!

Your printer resolution is a factor for speed. If doing hard goods then you need the higher DPI 2880 DPI.

If doing only soft goods 1440 DPI is sufficient as the fabric's "weave" will ultimately determine effective image resolution.

Setting from 2880 DPI down to 1440 DPI typically will double your print speed.

Ricohs are faster, especially at the lower resolutions.

Having said that ... depending on ink and how much humidity you have ... printing at lower resolutions may be problematic and end up banding. Ink jet printers do not like low humidity environments.
Thank you for your responses so far! Right now I checked and the highest DPI for the epson 7010 is 1440.

I'm just trying to figure out how to print on a larger scale as my work continues to grow. Eventually I will need to print hundreds of sheets at a time but dont want to be sitting on the computer babying the printer for 7 hours.

Any further input will be greatly appreciated
Thank you for your responses so far! Right now I checked and the highest DPI for the epson 7010 is 1440.

I'm just trying to figure out how to print on a larger scale as my work continues to grow. Eventually I will need to print hundreds of sheets at a time but dont want to be sitting on the computer babying the printer for 7 hours.

Any further input will be greatly appreciated
You are not reading the specs correctly, the 7010 is

Maximum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi

5760 x 1440 is way overkill for nearly anything, even hardcopy output.

2880 x 1440 gets you photo quality. This setting is for sublimation hard goods.

1440 x 1440 is good enough for fabrics.

If you want to eventually get to hundreds of pages at a time then you are probably going to need to go large format at that point.
We, Cobra Ink users, per their guidance print at "Quality" which if logically following the Epson Quality=Dpi, would be the max setting of 5760 x1440?

And when I have printed detailed photographs @150dpi for sublimation using "quality" aka 5760x1440, the print times were not noticeably longer than that of my regular pattern prints.

So I'm stumped on why his printer is taking so long, when I use the WF-7520 with same print specs?

And please correct me if I'm wrong with my Epson Quality=DPI reasoning as I don't won't to steer anyone including myself down the wrong path.
We, Cobra Ink users, per their guidance print at "Quality" which if logically following the Epson Quality=Dpi, would be the max setting of 5760 x1440?

Nope. see my attached screen shots. Cobras Epson driver screen shot is from their profile download, they are using "quality". The other is from the 7010 Epson manual online they have 2 modes higher than "quality".

And when I have printed detailed photographs @150dpi for sublimation using "quality" aka 5760x1440, the print times were not noticeably longer than that of my regular pattern prints.

And why should they be? Has to do with how many actual printing dots exist in the source image.

So I'm stumped on why his printer is taking so long, when I use the WF-7520 with same print specs?

And please correct me if I'm wrong with my Epson Quality=DPI reasoning as I don't won't to steer anyone including myself down the wrong path.

Higher DPIs always take longer on inkjets than lower DPIs. A careful read of the printer specs and speed claims show that the faster prints are occurring at the lower resolutions.

Notice the correlation to print speed vs. quality per the Epson 7010 manual screen shot.

I made markups above.

Attachments

See less See more
I made markups above.
Duly noted. Thanks for the screen shots as well. I was totally lunching in regards to noticing that latest profile, which is for "Premium Presentation Paper Matte", does have the additional "High Quality" under Quality setting.
You want to print 100s of sheets at a time?.....Why are not buying a wide format printer?....The savings in ink will go a long way to paying for your printer?...
You want to print 100s of sheets at a time?.....Why are not buying a wide format printer?....The savings in ink will go a long way to paying for your printer?...
Or buy bulk ink and use 2 standard printers.....less chance of going down on an equipment failure. Still don't know why the OP can't use 2 printers.
Or buy bulk ink and use 2 standard printers.....less chance of going down on an equipment failure. Still don't know why the OP can't use 2 printers.
I am under the impression that "bulk ink" and paper for a wide format would still provide some cost savings.....Is my understanding "off base"?....
Not at all! - but 1 more cheap printer would double capacity for the OP, whilst a wide format can be pricy.

Then the WF sheets may need cutting after, which current set up doesn't seem to require.

Either way should work, though!
Thank you everyone for your responses!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.