T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to run colored shirts, aka darks faster?

is there a way that when it runs the white ink pass and then docks and waits for you to push a button to start the color pass.... that you wouldnt have to push the load button?

sometimes i have to run 1 white mask layer then 2 color layers... but have to push the load button 3 times total. seem it would be more productive if i could get away from having to come back to it every minute..... any hints? please be kind lol

thank you,

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
as a DTG owner I have not heard of anything with the DTG Brand I know there are other printers like the MOD-1 that does this..

but why you printing two passes of colors is a waste of money.. if your white layer/pretreat process is good color shouldn't be a problem unless you are having starvation, clogged printhead or capping station

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems that the only way i get bright colors like reds.... is a 2 passes.
i have the same issues listed if on white shirts or colors shirts..... pretreat process is pretty good.
also i am using dtg v04 bright inks.....
is there another inks that might help etc.
i am up to 100% on all colors
if i dont go 100% or 2 passes i get banding issues with certain colors.

any suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have the same issues listed if on white shirts or colors shirts..... pretreat process is pretty good.

any suggestions?

thanks
If your Red isn't vibrant enough sounds like you need a better white layer not 2 layers of color.

Can you print a white layer and take a pic for us?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sometimes slower is better. My TJet has a pass counter and will reset and start the 2nd layer automaticly. But if I am really laying down a lot of white it seems that it does not dry enough and I get
some color spider vien effect into the white. So it maybe a blessing. Grass is always greener......

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will try and take a pic tomorrow..... we are shut down for the day. there is plenty of white.... after the white pass it is very glossy / wet.

colors i have problems with are all shades of reds purples etc......

yes time is a factor cause of the 2nd pass, but then all other colors get alot darker because of the 2nd pass, blues greens yellows etc. they change drastically so i have alot of adjusting in photoshop before i print.

thank you everyone....

·
Registered
679 Posts

any suggestions?

thanks
Printing a single cmyk layer at 1440x1440 might help with the banding..

More underbase might make the reds 'pop' better as well.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i will try and take a pic tomorrow..... we are shut down for the day. there is plenty of white.... after the white pass it is very glossy / wet.

colors i have problems with are all shades of reds purples etc......

yes time is a factor cause of the 2nd pass, but then all other colors get alot darker because of the 2nd pass, blues greens yellows etc. they change drastically so i have alot of adjusting in photoshop before i print.

thank you everyone....
Also try printing single pass cmyk using 'vivid darker' setting

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok update

yes we used more underbase now im getting the bright reds i was looking for!!!! with a single pass i also printed it at

photo normal
white cotton heavy ink
1 pass color
1 white
med density white

cost shot up! oh well faster production was what i was looking for!!!!

went to 1440x1440 on color pass, didnt seem to change the banding issue.... banding is very small but i will deal with it i guess!!!!!!

i noticed the huge difference going to a white cotton heavy ink

seems like there is always a trade off with these printers lol

thank you very much for all the help....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
There should be an epson adjustment style program for your printer that does print head alignment in both horz and vertical. It may even be in the epson driver itself. It is made specifically for banding issues among a lot of other things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.