T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a serious problem with Fast Tjet2. After few days i turned it on and at the printer start up procedure, the first slow move to the other side is everything OK (no printhead obstruction), but then the second fast move to the other side the carriage slows down about 2 inches from the end (other side of control panel buttons), returns to the control panel side and all the ink lights end error button start flashing (fast). I have already replaced printhead, ribbon cable, control strip, oiled the rails, reset the waste ink counter (with software)... Even when i try to manually move the carriage left and right, there is no problem.

Any idea?

Thanks,

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

No it you mean the fuse on the back, near the USB and power adapters, it is empty?

What to do now?

Another question - i have seen that the black plastic for the timing belt (yellow) is broken - but can not find under the spare parts in EQzone. Any supplier in Europe for FastTjet2?

Thanks,

· Registered
135 Posts
Your problem has nothing to do with the fuse on the back. If you have one installed remove it or you could cause serious damage to the mainboard. If that fuse is blown the only thing that will happen is that the printer will go through the motions of printing and not lay down any ink!! If it's the waste tank counter you will get the error eject and ink lights blinking alternating on about half second intervals. This is a very strange issue though and could be a number of things causing it. Did anything change after replacing all of the parts? Did you see any damage to the head cables or ribbon cables? I see that you have double checked all of the connections on the cable but have you inspected the cable where it routes around the back side of the carriage? Is it possible that you damaged the cable when you installed the new one? Have you done anything with the mainboard as of yet. I don't think this is the problem but if you have disconnected anything there are a couple of connectors there that would cause this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.