T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem creating an underbase for dark shirts. I'm following the steps; exporting jpeg with white & black back ground, going through the underbase steps in fast artist, etc... My print look great except for a thin white line the size of the back ground I set up in Corel. Also I deleted the outline that Corel put around shapes. Any tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The problem is probably caused when you convert turn the job into a jpeg. I am presuming you are using Corel and starting off with vector graphics, when you export this as a peg it will anti alias the edges and this can cause a white halo effect.

Your actual best solution is to print streight out of Corel to FastRIP, there is an AVI on the US Screen web site on doing this, but its as easy as File-Print and make sure you use a vector based underbase mode. This keeps vectors as vectors through out the work flow.

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
934 Posts
Steve,

I had this problem at first because I lined up the 2 pieces and they were off alittle bit. To fix it, I changed the canvas size of the underneath picture to roughly 5 pixels smaller all the way around. This way none of it is sticking out. Make sure you are just changing the canvas size not the size of the artwork itself otherwise nothing will line up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts