T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to correctly use Fast Open 32. I recently purchased it to help remove dried waterbased ink from a few screens. I have been unsuccessful in removing the ink though.

I followed the directions... spray about 6-8inches away from screen in a circular motion. Let sit for 20 seconds and wipe away.

I did it twice. No budge.

Have any of you used this product and been successful with it? Any tips?

What are some other ways to remove dried ink? Any info would be most helpful.

Thanks,
dunielle

·
Registered
29 Posts
It isn't so much to remove dry ink as to remove drying ink and "open" the screen so you can continue to print. I have a screen that I left water based on too long and it stayed there until I got some dehazer. That pulled the color right out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cloak.
Now, I just bought some haze solution by enviroline, is that the same thing you are talking about?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's real similar to the stuff I used IIRC. I seem to remember having to put it on there, let it sit for a few and scrub it with a brush and it washed out fairly well.

I guess the important thing is that it isn't blocking the holes in the mesh or interrupting your ability to print.

Can you take a close up picture of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try and get a close up picture of it and then post it. It might be hard because the ink that is dried in the screen is relatively small. The dried ink is at the edges of where the last design was that I was printing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, here is a photo. Hopefully you can see it. I was able to remove some of the dried ink with the haze. I used more than recommended though and scrubbed it extremely well.

I am going to do it again tomorrow to see if it all comes out.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts