T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a copy of Fast Artist 1.5, which will not install in win 7. So I have a computer with XP, but it already has Signlab 7.1 Print and Cut installed on it. Fast Artist is made by CadLink same as Signlab. They appear to have some common named directories, folders, file names. So the question is can they both be installed on the same computer. I sent cadlink tech an email they have not answered yet. I don't want to trash my Signlab install and have to start over again with that. I really want to try this program and compare to others before I buy the upgrade version that will work with win 7 or another brand.
Anyone have both installed.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
FastArtist 1.5 should work on Windows 7. You may need to install an updated driver for your dongle. You also may need to upgrade to FA 1.5.1. It should also work fine on your XP with Signlab installed. When you install FastArtist just make sure it goes into its own folder in your C drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen several posts about installation issues. I saw drdeath19134 on there and I just bought his Fast T-Jet 3 printer this week. It came with the FastARTIST software but when I try to install I keep getting an error message cyclic registry check on the winvnc.exe file on the install. I am brand new to this and flying blind so anyone who can offer any insight how I can get this software on my laptop and working so I can print would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I've seen several posts about installation issues. I saw drdeath19134 on there and I just bought his Fast T-Jet 3 printer this week. It came with the FastARTIST software but when I try to install I keep getting an error message cyclic registry check on the winvnc.exe file on the install. I am brand new to this and flying blind so anyone who can offer any insight how I can get this software on my laptop and working so I can print would be appreciated.

Did you receive a dongle with the software?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U need the dongle and the license file. Also the Winvnc. Exe file is/was used by cadlink to remote access your computer to trouble shoot problems. Your antivírus will pick it up as a Trojan, u should be able to install without it or u need to tell your security programs it's OK. U need to get a hold of Cadlink for license files, they may or may not give them to you. Also maybe Cave Dave here on tsf can help. He is Cadlink but I believe in EU, so time difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts