T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am a T-jet 2 user. I have been using my t-jet 2 on an xp machine with an upgrade of fast artist, fast artist version 1.5 and also fast rip 9.0.
My xo machine died so I have just got a new windows 7 laptop. I have instaklled everything onto this macchine but unfortunately I keep getting a dongle error. I can use fast artist fior a while and have even printed but it keeps coming up with unknown dongle location error number 4269 ********** or something along those lines.
I have looked through the forums and wondered if it might be that I needed to download new hasp dongle drivers or that I needed a newer version of fast artist for it to be compatible with windows 7?
Thanks in advance for any advice, just desperate to get up and printing fully again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice, I might give equipment zone a quick call to try and get to the bottom of it as soon as possible

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent! Thanks for your advice...
Sorry but me being stupid, which one do I have to download and once i've downloaded it do I have to put it anywhere in particular or delete anything beforehand?
Apologies if this seems simple, its just I want to make sure I get it right

Thanks once again

James

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I believe you download the one labled GUI Installation. Once downloaded open the zip file and click the installer. You shouldn't have to delete anything.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi James,

Just a little more background on this. My guess is that your dongle doesn't light up after you've inserted it into your USB port. This is an indication that Windows isn't finding the proper driver for it. Installing the correct driver at the link Billy posted should clear that up.

I have seen some Windows 7 installations where the driver is there and the dongle works right away. Others need to install the driver before the purple dongle will work. I have had success using the Device Manager and Windows Update to download the proper driver as well.

If you have any trouble installing the driver, please let me know.

-Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help guys, but unfortunately still having trouble! I have tried to download the hasp driver but that seems not to solve anything.
Alex, the dongle does light up when it is connected and windows does install a driver for it, however fast artist doesn't seem to recognise it, or rather windows 7 doesn't match the dondle up to fast artist.
I have also tried running fast artist in compatability mode using XP but for some reason it won't allow me to open psd files or j pegs! It says they are invalid files.
Maybe I am not installing the new hasp drivers correctly? Any other ideas would be welcomed as I am starting to lose patience with it now

Thanks James

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You probably don't have the right license files installed then. Did you ever have to install the license files manually on your old OS?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know Alex I am not entirely sure. I was emailed a free upgrade from US Screen many moons ago. In fact it says that the version I have is 1.5, however the upgrade they sent me was laballed 1.5.1 so I just assumed (in hindsight not a wise assumption) that the version I had installed was 1.5.1.
The desktop icon says fast artist 1.5, it is signlab71?

Is there anyway of getting hold of 1.5.1 if that is what is needed for free?

Thanks James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts