T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue with Fashion Film Metallic II. I just bought a small amount of Fashion Film Metallic II as a test. Cut a pretty basic design and applied to 100% cotton t-shirts. Pressed at 305 (measured with a temp gun) and at medium pressure. Looked great after the application. However after washing on cold, inside out, a number of letters came off completely and a lot of the remaining material flaked, losing the color and reflective layer.

I'll probably hold off offering it to my customers for a while but I was wondering if anyone had run into anything similar before?

· Registered
178 Posts
First don't trust the infrared heat guns. Search forum and web for (scientific) reasons why. What heat press are you using? Try pumping up your press about 5 degrees and/or add a bit more pressure. Also I'll assume you waited at least 24hrs. prior to washing?

Siser makes the exact same product under the name of Easyweed Electric. I never had any issues with any applications coming off after being laundered. I always do a 5sec repress after application and I usually apply it 315 degrees.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a some test strips and compared the results on my heat gun a while back and its pretty close, less than 10 degrees.

I use Siser Electric quite a bit actually. I mostly use Siser EasyWeed Stretch for most applications and usually try the Siser products first. However the Metallic II is basically a mirror. Its very non-stretchy and like a mylar rigid material. I bought it just to test out and but it was so bad after the first wash, I figured I must have done something wrong.

Here's a picture of the flaking.
http://imgur.com/tyh5gtJ

· Registered
16 Posts
Touch more pressure and repress...like Resu said! Also can try applying craft paper to area when you initially press the shirt before applying the media. That helps clean the fabric making adhesion a bit stronger. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.