T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP PSC 2355 and i am using jet 2 inkjet transfer paper. The print looks great after i press it but after the first wash i get heavy fading and some cracking. My question is am i waisting my time with this hp in hopes i will get a lasting shirt, and should i buy an epson with pigmented ink or what? For one color i use my plotter with thermoflex but i gotta have something for more colors. please any suggestions would be appreciated.

· Registered
2,227 Posts
Sounds like the ink just can’t handle the washing. However, what did you wash it in. Some detergents have whiteners; these will remove the ink from the garment. I have also heard of using vinegar to set the colors so they will not fade when washed.
CW

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i finally broke down and found someone selling a epson workforce 1100 with ciss and i bought it. I did a couple transfers tonight and it looks good gotta wash it first though. another question is even with the epson stretching before press and before second press with teflon, if you stretch the shirt after the print is on the shirt it seperates but goes back to normal after you let go. Is this normal that is my question. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
9 Posts
i am very new to all this and i had the same problem with it cracking, i didn't even add color just cut the words out with my cutter and used the heat press and one shirt was fine but 2 did this! I am not sure what i am doing wrong, any help? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.