T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I'm a newbie to the sublimation world and an expensive world it has become! Oh the colors and just one more print! Anyway, I have an EPSON WF2850 that was converted to sublimation. Love the machine and I also have a really good heat press. I made my daughter a shirt the other night, printed the design, then in turn went ahead and pressed it onto her shirt. It looked really good, light pink, 50/50 blend. She washed it last night and the color has faded so much that it's barely noticeable. Pressed at 390 for 60 seconds and also pre-pressed the shirt before hand. I have Lemero Sub ink and am using A-sub paper. No idea what I'm doing wrong here! Could y'all give me some insight?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
unfortunately TABOB is correct,
any cotton content at all means that percentage of dyesub ink leaves the garment on the first wash

you can get some 65/35 blends that only fade 35%, plus you always have to consider all colors in the design must be darker than the garment color (i.e. no light blues on a pink tee, or gradients to white/lighter color, etc.)

if you want you can try something like siser easi-subli sheets, these will work on 100% cotton with a decent press (they are thick and non-breathable though, and you need to cut excess unprinted material)

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Use a 100% poly shirt and you will be better off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts