T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Deborah,

I live in Central Texas home, of Fort Hood largest army base in US.
This is my first time on the forum, hopefully I'll get better at it.
I have not started my T shirt business yet. I went o California and my son bought a T shirt with his favorite picture on it. The shirt was beautiful it was glossy like a picture like vinyl and everyone loves that shirt. Sad to say he dry cleaned them and they bleed from the edges when he got them back. I want to make t shirts like those but I can't figuire out where to start. The gentleman who made the shirt wouldn't give too much information, but he did tell us the company he use was Sign Lab Vinyl co. There was so much there but nothing that actually said how to get started. If anyone could give me some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. This would be a business me and my son can work to gether to pay for college education among the many things I do. I would like to know where I could learn what type of equipment to get. The affect I want whether it be sublimation or inkjet heat press or what type of vinyl equipment needed.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Deborah, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I saw a shirt similar to what you described recently. I was told by the company rep that it was printed with an opaque inkjet transfer with a glossy overlay.

That basically means that you need an inkjet printer, opaque transfer paper to print the designs on (with some glossy overlay paper), a professional heat press to press the transfer to the t-shirt, some blank t-shirts for the designs to go on.

You may also want to look into getting a vinyl or optical cutter to help trim around the design on the transfer paper.

Some of our forum sponsors carry most of the equipment and paper side of things in packages (www.bestblanks.com, imprintables.com, www. coastalbusiness.com)

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
madamex98 said:
Hi my name is Deborah,
I went o California and my son bought a T shirt with his favorite picture on it. The shirt was beautiful it was glossy like a picture like vinyl and everyone loves that shirt.
Thanks for the leads/resources Rodney.

~~~~~~~~~~

hi deborah, curious... was that a G-UNOT t-shirt design ?
by your description it sounds like the same transfer type/design I saw for sale at Red Balls in LA ..i think, last year or so. Mind you, I was on the Red Eye from Toronto so I was a little out of it that morning when I saw it there... should of bought it tho.

BTW, good luck with your new venture.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Deborah
If your looking to get into the business and start selling to the military I would highly suggest traditional screen printing. 75% of my business is for the Military throughout the United States and abroad. (Just sent 3 orders to Misawa, Japan) In my 10 years of printing military designs I have yet to see any customers happy with transfers. Not to say they aren't out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts