T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm about to do a big push for sublimation, and wanted to see if any of you have run into any problems with certain fabrics. 100% polyester of course, but have you had any problems with particular weaves or brands? My customers tend to just send me what they send me, and I want to try and make sure that I can give them a heads up as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I would always test before buying. Some fabrics need to be pre-pressed for shrinkage. Let me know
about any other details. Needs to be white or light colored. What ink and what paper do you use?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The only problems I came close to having was with Hanes Soft l'ink shirts. They are super boxy and on the short side. A few returns orders asked for a different brand of shirt before placing orders.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you don't have to worry about Hanes sof'link.. they have stopped production...couldn't compete with Vapor Ware I guess

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What ink and what paper do you use?
I've actually been ordering it until I figure out if I want to bring it in house first. I'm sure that it will much less expensive and we will have more control once we get some equipment.

I'm always up for suggestions when it comes to subbing the transfers.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
sorry to see softlink go, they are a great shirt, very soft and a great weight, nice to have them as an option, though vapor is a great product. if you need a washed out look you can use 50/50, i find that doing 50/50 ash grey sweats produces a nice look. keep experimenting and looking i'm sure there will be more garments coming into the market. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts