T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, before anything, SORRY by my english!

We have a New and Small T shirts an polo ecommerce, We only have a month life!

We use textil vinyl to make ours T shirt, is a good technic in my opinion, but any new design requiere a lot of time to produce (Design, Cut (color by color), peel vinil, and then.... press). And limit my designs in colors, gradients, etc...

In only 30 days we have sold around 60 T shirts (I Know is very little, but I did not expect to sell that my first month.)
only with these sales have we recovered the investment of the plotter, heat press and stock of garments and vinyls.

We are thinking of purchasing the Epson F2000, in order to offer more variety of products, and especially for our production time is smaller (about 40min each new design in function to the complexity and quantity of colors).

Obviously we expect to sell more and more, but I do not count on it, do you think it is profitable to acquire the F2000 in this situation? With this volume of sales I would turn on the machine every 2/3 days, I would not need to use it every day, is this a problem?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The F2000 would be perfect for you I would think. In my shop we also do vinyl and you are right, it can be a slow pain in the butt process.

You would need to justify the cost of the machine and operating it compared to your volume of sales I would say. Just like any other business I am sure you would expect to get busier and busier over time which would make even more sense for an Epson F2000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The F2000 would be perfect for you I would think. In my shop we also do vinyl and you are right, it can be a slow pain in the butt process.

You would need to justify the cost of the machine and operating it compared to your volume of sales I would say. Just like any other business I am sure you would expect to get busier and busier over time which would make even more sense for an Epson F2000.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I really can not predict my future sales, but I am convinced that I can reach 100 at least a month. And I hope I can continue to increase them.

What scares me are the maintenance costs, could you tell me what costs besides the printer itself would have per month?
Would it be a problem to turn it on every 2/3 days instead of turning it on? can you do this that will enmesh the heads or dry the white ink?

My doubt and my haste come because I have the possibility to get it for 8,500 € with 18 months old and very little use, I think it is a good opportunity.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I use my printer only every 2 or 3 days myself and it is not a problem at all. Epson claims the machine (unlike other DTGs currently on the market) can sit unattended for up to 2 weeks after the proper "end of print day" cleaning maintenance is done.

The maintenance cost for me are of course, the ink cost used, the 25 cents or so cleaning fluid cost at the end of the print day cleanup and the tube wash which comes in around $10 a month or so. That is it.

You will have some routine cost for the F2000 that will come up from time to time such as expendable filters ($100 every $1,500 prints or so).

If the printer you are looking at is only 18 months old I would contact Epson with a serial number and see if you can purchase an extended warranty for it. It's like a monthly insurance payment if you ask me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use my printer only every 2 or 3 days myself and it is not a problem at all. Epson claims the machine (unlike other DTGs currently on the market) can sit unattended for up to 2 weeks after the proper "end of print day" cleaning maintenance is done.

The maintenance cost for me are of course, the ink cost used, the 25 cents or so cleaning fluid cost at the end of the print day cleanup and the tube wash which comes in around $10 a month or so. That is it.

You will have some routine cost for the F2000 that will come up from time to time such as expendable filters ($100 every $1,500 prints or so).

If the printer you are looking at is only 18 months old I would contact Epson with a serial number and see if you can purchase an extended warranty for it. It's like a monthly insurance payment if you ask me.

Woow you have cleared all my doubts !! Many thanks

It is very interesting what comments about the extension of guarantee, no doubt that I will.

Is the maintenance described by Epson well described? I read so many things of problems, jams, change of heads that terrified me that by a bad maintenance I happen that.

Once again, many thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
DTG's are very complex machines and some people do have issues, that's for sure. I am sure that some folks take better care of their equipment than do others and sometimes it's the just luck of the draw.

This is an opinion that is wide open for sure. As for me, I love my F2000 and it has been a great DTG for me in the almost three years that I have owned it.

The Epson F2000 has by far the best warranty in the business so that along with the Epson name are two of the the pluses that drew me to the F2000.

Just another reason to buy an extended warranty too.

I bought my DTG and Speed Treater from EquipmentZone and I buy all of my ink and related products from them also. You can call them and ask them about the extended warranty too. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for you replies.
@perrygupta, GTX not my option, Inks and printer are more expensive, and now I not need speed, I need an option that allows me flexibility in my jobs. it will not be a continuous production.
@gatorGRAFIXs, Thank you for your recommendation, but I live in Spain and you know that we are far from the services in the USA.
Do you think that for € 8,500 is a good option even if the warranty can not be extended?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.