T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I have been trying to find the reason of this problem for a while now. When moving the platen forward and backward I usually have the following issues:

a. The platen won't slow down and hits the front or rear of its path.

b. The platen doesn't move smoothly, it is shaking and jumping and eventually stopes somewhere in the middle.

Every time I have the error: Abnormal platen move. After moving the platen forward and backward for maybe 20-30 times it stars working fine till the rest of the day. I cleaned he encoder wheel at the back, front and real sensors, tryed to adjust the timing belt and nothing worked. Any recommendations please?

I tried to call a technician but from our conversation feels like he knows less about these printers than I do. Don't relly want to pay someone 400-1000 dollars for a service call if he won't be able to fix it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
We had this issue and it was 2 things. First, make sure you tighten the platen down. If it isn’t tight it may vibrate. That helped a lot. Since we already had scheduled a service call we let them come out and they found our oil pad (not sure that is the correct name) for the rails was dry so they were not getting lubricated. He added some lubricant to the pad and we have been good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys. I have been trying to find the reason of this problem for a while now. When moving the platen forward and backward I usually have the following issues:

a. The platen won't slow down and hits the front or rear of its path.

b. The platen doesn't move smoothly, it is shaking and jumping and eventually stopes somewhere in the middle.

Every time I have the error: Abnormal platen move. After moving the platen forward and backward for maybe 20-30 times it stars working fine till the rest of the day. I cleaned he encoder wheel at the back, front and real sensors, tryed to adjust the timing belt and nothing worked. Any recommendations please?

I tried to call a technician but from our conversation feels like he knows less about these printers than I do. Don't relly want to pay someone 400-1000 dollars for a service call if he won't be able to fix it.
Just curious to see if you ever go this Abnormal Platen Mover Error figured out? I am having the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had this issue and it was 2 things. First, make sure you tighten the platen down. If it isn’t tight it may vibrate. That helped a lot. Since we already had scheduled a service call we let them come out and they found our oil pad (not sure that is the correct name) for the rails was dry so they were not getting lubricated. He added some lubricant to the pad and we have been good ever since.

Any possible way you can tell me where the (oil pad is located)
Thanks so much! I will take any help with this I can get!!!
Gera

·
Registered
341 Posts
Any possible way you can tell me where the (oil pad is located)
Thanks so much! I will take any help with this I can get!!!
Gera
Take off the front cover where the platen rides. You will see the rails. There are white plastic pieces on the rail and inside it is where to lubricant goes. There is also and adjustment that will allow you to tighten or loosen the belt if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take off the front cover where the platen rides. You will see the rails. There are white plastic pieces on the rail and inside it is where to lubricant goes. There is also and adjustment that will allow you to tighten or loosen the belt if needed.

You are awesome!!! Thanks so very much!!! Might have to keep in touch. This Epson F2100 is a beast and so little information on it. I have had mine for almost 3 years and have learned so much. Sadly all the hard way. LOL ~gera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts