T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Forum Users!

I am leaving for a two week vacation and am trying to do a cleaning of the ink from my print head before I go.

I have recently had the EZ Pro Bulk Ink System (which, by the way, is great!) from Equipment Zone. I also have the cartridges filledwith cleaning solution, but want to make sure I know what I am doing before I start. I cannot seem to find any instructions on how to do that.

If you can tell me how to makethis happen I would be grateful!!

Thanks So Much!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I am not familiar with the EZ Pro system, However, if you are gone for two weeks and using the small refillable cartridges, you will find that they will be most likely be empty in two weeks as they only contain about 16-18 ml of solution each. A head cleaning uses approximately 1-3 ml of ink (cleaning solution) and your Kiosk II will do 4 head cleanings per day (about 65 over 2 weeks). You may want to have someone come replace the cleaning cartridges after a week to be certain they do not run out.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have recently had the EZ Pro Bulk Ink System (which, by the way, is great!) from Equipment Zone. I also have the cartridges filledwith cleaning solution, but want to make sure I know what I am doing before I start.
Hi elledazzles,

I'm glad you like our bulk system!

Flushing out your print head is really very simple when you're using the EZ PRO Bulk Ink System because you don't have any dampers to deal with or the need to flush out all the ink lines. All you have to do is:

First, fill your refillable cleaning cartridge set with cleaning solution. To fill the cartridges remove both rubber plugs from the cartridge. Fill a syringe with cleaning solution. Then place the tip of the syringe into the open hole furthest from the chip, and fill the cartridge until the solution reaches the opposite hole. Put both plugs back into each cartridge once they're full.

1. Remove the EZ PRO Bulk System cartridges from the print carriage.
  2. Put in your refillable cleaning cartridges.
  3. Remove the rubber plugs from the holes nearest the front of the printer.
  4. Run an ink charge from the Adjustment Program to flush the print head of ink.

That's it. At this point, refill your cleaning cartridges. Place the rubber plugs back into the cartridges. Shut off your printer. Also, close the caps on the EZ PRO Bulk Ink System bottles and wrap the bulk cartridges in plastic wrap to seal them.

WIth the bulk ink system that originally comes with the Kiosk system, many recommend keeping the machine on constantly and doing automatic head cleanings every six hours or so. The advantage of flushing the print head with the refillable cleaning cartridges is that you don't have to constantly run head cleanings and keep the machine turned on constantly.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
WIth the bulk ink system that originally comes with the Kiosk system, many recommend keeping the machine on constantly and doing automatic head cleanings every six hours or so. The advantage of flushing the print head with the refillable cleaning cartridges is that you don't have to constantly run head cleanings and keep the machine turned on constantly.
Actually, Alex, the reason for automated head cleanings is to move the ink in the lines instead of letting it settle as it would normally. I would ask what happens to the ink that will be setting in the lines and cartridges when the customer returns after 2 weeks? Our experience tells us that after that long the ink will have settled out and may not be useable. That is the reason that all of our DTG printers since about 2 1/2 years ago onward have some sort of system to move the white ink during down times, whether it was with automated head cleanings, agitation, or circulation (or some combination of these).

What system have you all developed for your new printer to address the issue of ink settling in the lines and cartridges during down times?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Perhaps I'm missing something here (maybe not....:rolleyes:) but if there is no ink in the lines and the head has been properly purged and cleaned, one should not have to enable "auto maintenace" and just shut the machine down. The only settling will be in the bulk bottles themselves. It you are in a very dry environment, you may want to cover the printer and put some CF in the capping station and you should be fine for a couple of weeks

Reactions: sunnydayz

·
Registered
810 Posts
Equipment Zone designed the EZ Pro Bulk System with wide hoses for increased ink flow. That helps to prevent the banding and starvation issues that some Kiosk owners told us they were experiencing with the OEM bulk system.

A side benefit of using these wide hoses to improve ink flow is that EZ Pro Bulk System users don't experience the same issues with settling inside the lines.

Settling issues are also less problematic because the EZ Pro Bulk system's cartridges have a large chamber for the ink, while the OEM bulk system uses dampers that have a narrow area that may become clogged.

While I wouldn't recommend letting your EZ Pro Bulk System sit idle for an extended period without flushing it out, you're unlikely to experience any issues after two weeks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After I install the cleaning carts and flush the print head, I remove all the white ink from the bottles, suck all remaining ink out, then fill the bottles with mixture of warm distilled water/cleaning sol. suck it all out. This cleans the bottles, lines, and carts. I have never had a problem when starting back up. It takes a little time, but it is well worth it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Settling issues are also less problematic because the EZ Pro Bulk system's cartridges have a large chamber for the ink, while the OEM bulk system uses dampers that have a narrow area that may become clogged.
Alex, you know by now that the larger the resevoir that the white ink is stored in (including the cartridge) the MORE LIKELY it is to settle. That is the reason that the shelf life of white ink is relative to the container size it is stored in. The same goes for the larger tubes. That is the reason we developed the white ink circulation system for the Viper and other upcoming models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts