T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did, but it was when i first installed my bis. I properly primed the system then never had the problem again. Did you check to make sure your cartridges are full of ink? You should see the ink color thoughtout the cartridge.

·
Registered
173 Posts
we did the needle thing where you sucked the ink out then put it back into the bottles. You lowered the bulk system and then raised it until there weren't ink bubbles on the head. Then lowered it again we are on 8 inches right now with no bubbles of ink on the print head and no air where it connects to the cartridges but I do see a feww bubbles in the lines where they come out of the black thing that goes back and forth when the print head moves. Not alot of bubbles but a few.

And when I set up the white base in my print preview I still have to set it for 1440dpi and 7% thresh hold which is what I had it set for before we used this system. I thought I would be able to bump that down. What do you set yours for if you don't mind me asking? It's good coverage but as I said I had hoped to use less white ink.

Thanks
April

·
Registered
131 Posts
i wondered about that because when I cover the chips, it works nicely except at the end i get the error that tells me the waster ink counter needs to be reset.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Several questions, Are you trying to print a white mask (underlayment) plus color or white ink layer? In the RIP Pro software I have my white and color setting at 750X750, 1 pass, and I get a good white mask. If you are going to print white I set my cmyk setting (in adobe photoshop) to 2% cyan. Also I set my hightlight setting to the max 35%. One other thing, poor pretreatment will give you a poor white layer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I pretty sure I putting on enough pre-treatment. I spray until looks like snow as per the video. And I have my white set to cyan 2 and the rest 0. will be printing today too. It did print really good yesterday and I would say great if I didn't have to do the dead cleanings inbetween every four shirts. and maybe I didn't have to do that be the day before the color wasn't consistent and yesterday it was. the color was awesome yesterday.

My question is do you have to do head cleanings like that when you print or do you print without stopping? Could this be because it is a new system and will it get better with use?

Thanks
April

·
Registered
95 Posts
I print continuos we just did an 0rder of 325 front back and sleeves I did do a head clean about every 25 prints just to clen the face of the head but not because of a decline in quality.the system has a sweet spot and once you get it therre you will love it

·
Registered
113 Posts
I perform one head cleaning each morning and one at the end of the day, that's it. Once you get the bottle height dialed in you will run great. Just make sure you keep your ink levels consistent. I keep mine around 6 since thats were they were when I set the system up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How do you find the sweet spot. And How do you find the right levels to keep the ink at? What do you test the prints on to find your sweet spot?

I printed last week and it was awesome I mean beautiful. next day print same design with same sttings and I added white ink to the bottles and it was down hill from there. Really hard to get the same print as the night before. I talked to a tech today and that was part of what he talked about, but I wondered what users are using as settings. And how you tested to find the right spots for the bulk system and ink.

I keep the white ink higher than the colored ink. How much higher does anyone keep this?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have the ez bulk ink system on my dtg and i wanted to know if the ink cartridges need to be filled with ink before printing? because the ink is running back out of the print head when its not printing i did not get the dvd on how to install the bulk system so i looked at pic online and went from there....I cant get a good print and im not liking this bulk ink there nothing ez about it so can some one please help me

·
Registered
173 Posts
You have to have the bulk system at the right height and it wont leek out start about 8 inches. It's called a sweet spot and there is a sweet spot in ink height. both are important. I have found my sweet pot for botha and have very consistant clor and flow. And yes the cartridges have to be full. Call equipment zone and tech services will help you they were great for me.

April

·
Registered
37 Posts
in all the stuff i received from equipment zone with the inks and cartridges was a syringe with removable tips. if you remove an ink cartridge (press the clips toward each other to release and pull the cartridge gently, but firmly straight up). then turn the cartridge over and you will see the hold where the cartridge actually sits on the print head. gently push the tip of the syringe into that hole, making sure it is far enough into the hole to kinda seal. then hold the syringe in the hole and cartridge at the same time and with the other hand pull the plunger out of the syringe like you were drawing medicine into a real syringe. this will draw the ink back into the cartridge. i usually only need to do this on my white cartridges if i have not printed for a couple of days. once i have drawn the ink into the cartridge manually i will then do an ink fill to allow the ink to flow and several head cleanings. i usually only have to do 5 or 6 head cleanings to get a perfect nozzle check. drawing the ink into the cartridges this way also saves on the amount of ink into the waste bottle to get the ink flowing again after a couple of days of not using the printer. if you have more questions, let me know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We recently got this system and it works far better than the original machine configuration. So far, so good and NO MISPRINTED SHIRTS! That was a big problem with the original configuration from ink starvation to clogged heads to who knows.

This should be standard equipment on these machines

21 - 35 of 35 Posts