T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research considering the possibilities of making a quality heat press. I even visited a manufacturer and saw the whole process (took the tour) so to speak. Really their isn't that much involved in making a good heat press. I am not going to go into detail about how everything works because most of the people that read this forum already know how these things work. I purchased a Stahls Maxx 16 X 20 and then a man in my area had a Stahls Hotronix 16 X 20 that he couldn't get to power up. So i took it off his hands for 100 bucks and i went into reverse engineering it. Really their isn't that much to them. Getting quality products to work with might be an issue but i will make another thread posting my progress on this project. I am going to start from nothing and try to make a real heat press not a griddle one. Wish me luck.

Thanks
Did you ever get anywhere on making a decent heat press.

I have been looking around on youtube and other places and the details/information on creating a decent heat press are few and far between.

I was hoping for info on a pneumatic press but cant locate any info on even standard ones. I feel sure that a decent press could be made for less than are being asked for the top of the range presses.

Plattens and timers replacing the chinese electronics could well breath new life into the better designed chinese offerings. But I cant find much info on these either lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi I have been looking at a press design. BUT whilst I can get the metal work side sorted I am looking for info in compressed air mechanicals and also Plattens and timers But I cant find much info on these either. Its almost as if nothing exists.

Many of the cheap chinese presses are actually dangerous and a complete re wire and pat test etc, together in some cases with upgraded plattens and timers would be a godsend fro some people. It seems to be a bit of a closed shop on info regarding this sort of stuff though ;)

Regards Andy T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.