T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered some ex-film to try out, ulano mentions mechanical abrasion of the screen to help the bond. Is there something i can use to do this without having to place an order for one of the products they mention (dont want to wait). Is the abrasion part necessary based on current users opinions ?
Thanks

· Registered
612 Posts
I don't abraid either, but from what I've read, if it is needed, it is just on brand new mesh. If you have used and reclaimed the screens already, they should be good to go.

I believe (but I may be wrong) this is an outdated practice that was necessary when mesh technology/quality was not where it is today.

Good luck,
Nick

· Registered
2,132 Posts
As I understand it, abrading is necessary for new monofilament polyester mesh that will be used for a capillary or indirect method film. For those using direct emulsion, it is not necessary, or desirable--for short runs, at least.

Here's a link to one (posted on the other same thread as well :))

Ulano No. 2 Microgrit

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went ahead and gave the screen a light scrub with a splash of comet. The film applied super easy, dried great (overnight),and exposure went very well started with 13 min in 30sec. intervals up to 20.5 minutes, all of the images washed out good up to about 19 minutes after that i think the light got around the transparency.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.