T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im interested in buying a new exposure unit. Id like to hear your expert opinions. Ive called several companies sofar, and of course each one says they have the best. Three companies I got prices from the salespeople sofar-Nuarc, Richmond, and Workhorse. All were metal halide models, that are 1000 watts and above. They ranged in price from 4500.00-6300.00. I noticed replacement bulbs vary in price too, one going up to 600.00.
What would you recommend for a printer who mainly prints on t-shirts and stickers? We use 18x20 roller frames, and 20x24 aluminum static frames. If I spend all that money on a good unit, Id like to get one that im not going to have to replace in a year, will expose fast, produce fine lines and halftones,and have decent customer service.
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Metal Halide systems are as good as your going to get, in the Uk we build two types, rapid start and shuttered systems, if your doing large volumes of exposures buy a good shuttered system with an integrator, this guarantees exact exposure times every time and the integrator compensates for lamp degradation over time. If your doing small numbers of exposures a rapid start system with an integrator would do the job, power levels vary from 800watts to 6000watts, I suspect you are only doing small volumes of frames so a low power unit 1000 or 2000 watt would be sufficient for your needs depending on your emulsion and how good a system you get your exposure times can be very low and you should acheive perfect exposures every time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good Day,
We have 2 Amergraph. com light sources, They are Tri- Metal Halide, mine is a Advantage 370, for a glass szie of 42" x 48", but they make them in all sizes, The machine works on LIGHT UNITS, NOT TIME!!!!!, this will give you, the same repeatability every time, as the lamp is spent, the unit adjusts the exposure automatically, because it is looking for Units, Not Time, THEY are one of my best investments, CTS units are also available, SaatiPrint is a Dealer also, Very Low Maintenance, Replacement Lamps are around $200.00 each, They do Last a while, it just depends on how much you use it, and how long you are willing to wait, to burn a screen, as time goes on?, when it take 2-3-4 minute, to burn a screen, it maybe time to change the lamp, and then the machine will recalibrate, it's self, back to burning screens in under a minute or longer depending on the emulsion you use?

Regards, ATC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts