T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been plenty of talk about exposure units, but does any one have homemade plans to build one. I searched other threads but was lead to never ending questions with no real answers. So if anyone has building plans or videos, anything that would help me build me own exposure unit it would greatly be appreciated.

If you feel that you need to email the plans email to
[email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I built my exposure unit from 2 500W floodlamps (with the protective grilles and glass removed) secured to a wooden strut built to the underside of a table, with a piece of black/charcoal coloured foam underneath to stop light reflection.

Some people won't use 2 lights as it could cast shadows but if you spend a bit of time to align them properly it works a treat.

Although I don't have plans for it, it is very basic and hopefully you will be able to sort something out.

Good luck!
GV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That one looks interesting. I have a really ghetto one right now with my lamps just hanging from curtain rods. Takes me 15 mins to burn a screen as well.. Thanks for both that have helped me so far. Hopefully others come forward to provide more help that others can use as well.

·
Registered
911 Posts
as mentioned by Georgev, you need something dark underneath to stop light from reflecting back ..in case you didn't know. I had a piece of 2'' foam that my screen would fit over..that is.. the foam fit inside the screenframe, And used a black t shirt(go figure) to cover the foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts