T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use something like this to expose their screens. What's the distance from the lamp to the screen? I have all the pvc in the basement from a previous project so I thought I'd glue one together until I can get a more serious unit.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Can you also make a positive using your vinyl cutter?
Using rubylith, definitely (I'm yet to have anyone tell me for sure they've used it with their cutter though, and while I imagine it'd be compatible with a vinyl cutter I've never used one, so I don't know - but the film makes great screens). Using regular vinyl, I would imagine so, but I don't know how opaque or how thick it is (with a thicker positive, there's a higher risk of undercutting around your design).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Next question. I have an Epson C120. What kind of film should I get if I want to make positives from it. I see the Ryonet standard R film and Ryonet waterproof R-film.
Can you also make a positive using your vinyl cutter?
I use the waterproof R-film with my c88+ and pigment inks. I think you have to have the waterproof with pigmented inks, at least that's the way I read all the info on it.

Good Luck!
Craig

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some 3m transparency film but the C120 isn't printing on it. The sheet just goes right through and then the printer says there's a jam. There's no setting for transparencies. How do I get the C120 to print a transparency?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't know about the c120 but on my c88+ I just print with the best quality picture print and Glossy premium paper. It works just fine.

One thing to remember on the waterproof film is to be sure and print on the rough side. I have to take my fingers and see which side my fingers slip and which don't when I rub the film. Print on the rough side or else you will have an awful mess. Trust me!!!! LOL

Hope this helps,
Craig

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, on the transparency film I have I place the rough side up, and there is also a strip of tap on one end as a guide. The film still just feeds right through without printing anything. I'll have to play around some more and see what happens.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try shutting the printer off, restarting your comp. and all that stuff. I had a problem once I remember with my Epson all in one printer I had doing that and when I done all the above it worked perfect.

Just a thought. Hope you get it running.
Craig

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try shutting the printer off, restarting your comp. and all that stuff. I had a problem once I remember with my Epson all in one printer I had doing that and when I done all the above it worked perfect.

Just a thought. Hope you get it running.
Craig
I guess if I really needed to, I could bring film to my day job and run it through out $4,000 printe we have here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts