T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a 250w halogen lamp (with the cover removed), I am putting the textile side up, putting the screen on a black towel in a dark room, placing the image on the screen, and putting a large piece of glass over the image. I went to line up my screens this morning, and when I printed it for some reason one (or both) of the images seem to have not been directly exposed, like the image was somehow distorted. I cant get them to line up at all. Has anyone had this type of problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ryan, its hard to tell from what you described but my guess is the black towel, the nap lays different from exposure to exposure. The light needs to be under the glass then weighted by a vacuum blanket or another weight so it can't move.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The way you are doing it works well it just takes a long time to properly expose. when I first started I was using this system and it got the job done only I used a 500w lamp about 12 inches away from the screen and instead of a towel, I first used a piece of black cardboard under my screen, I later dedicated a table to my exposure unit and painted the table jet black (Flat paint because I was told semi-gloss gives off a glare that can alter your image) and this worked well aslo. I was told that you can not do finer lines or very detailed drawings this way.

Check the distance from the light to the screen. Make sure you are in a safe room (Yellow bulb), Also make sure that you allow the correct amount of time for proper exposure.

Hope things work out for you.

Veedub3

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys!
need some advice about the exposure issue. i'm using 500w halogen bulb and about 20 inches from the screen. dedicated a table for the purpose and exposure is from below (light from the bottom). i did 3 mins, image was difficult to wash off. need to brush with my fingers and scratching the burned screen. any idea or suggestions for the correct timing/distance??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts