T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys how high should my 500 watt light be off the screen and how long should i let the light on for some told me 16 in. and 12:30 not sure if this is right been loking around and can't find any help i'm sure someone hear will know

thanks aaron

·
Registered
86 Posts
vintageracer117 said:
ok guys how high should my 500 watt light be off the screen and how long should i let the light on for some told me 16 in. and 12:30
Hi vintageracer117,

Is your 500 watt light metal halide? I'm just trying to get an idea of how hot it's getting. 16 inches sounds a bit close and if that 12:30 means 12 minutes and 30 seconds that sounds way too long. do you have an exposure calculator? they are cheap and should fix your problems with just two or three test screens. If you will let me know what kind of emulsion you are using I can at least give you a starting point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my equipment from silkscreeningsupplies.com. I have the 500watt light, at 16 inches. Following the 12 minute, 30 second rule...I get really good results. I'm sure the emulsion has quite a bit to do with it, so I'll leave that up to the experts. But it sounds like I have the same set up, and it works great for me.

-Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts