T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been printing shirts for years now and I want to move onto coroplast and graphic printing. Does anyone know a good tutorial that will take me from prepress to drying for large format printing? I know this is tshirt forums, but this is all I know. I taught myself how to print by reading hours of posts here.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you do decide to move into coroplast printing, let me know. We have about ten 300-390 mesh aluminum screens that are about 6' x 7' and 4 that are a bit larger. They sell new for $600+ each, and I am selling them for a fraction of that. We have new equipment coming in, and I need to move them out of my shop very soon.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested, but first I need to know how you made your film positives and exposed your screens of this size.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi JMM

As a seasoned garment printer, much of your experience crosses over to graphics printing.
There are a few considerations to take into account as you decide how to diversify into it.

Two main points are important:
-Coroplast (and other substrates) can be printed with either U.V. curable or air-dry solvent-based inks.
-Format size is market dependent; little 12x18 "street corner signs" vs. large 48x60 "political signs" each require different tooling.
Taking a wild guess, for example, I'd say that Unik Ink's screens would allow larger format U.V Ink printing given their specs.

Often, we suggest our textile customers take a small format approach and learn graphics printing;
benefiting from the ease of use of existing max. exposure unit frame O.D., max. film size, and max. press size formats.

In many cases, attachments like this mount onto your press pallet arm:

It can let you vacuum hold 18x24 flat rigid and flexible stock on a manual garment press.
Note that this attachment also enables plastisol transfer paper printing.

There's additional points to consider, but I figure this is a good starting point to examine.
Hope it helps.

Happy trails!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts