T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have equipment. I'm good to go.

But, I have a 4 color press and no Accurip software.

So how do I explain to customers that I can do 4 colors (more if needed) but I can't do shading or CMYK or whatever?

Any nice wording that would explain that?

I'm just trying to get something started to get SOME money coming in.

Am I just too stupid and desperate cuz I don't want to get a crappy job and work under horrible people?

Sigh..........

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wouldn't explain...just price those processes that you cannot do in-house high enough that you can sub it out. If you are providing a price list, just indicate a different column for 4-color spot and 4-color process, or six-color, or whatever.

I'm also limited to four-color right now. When a customer sees my prices for six-color they quickly realize that four colors are plenty. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
1st off don't think of yourself as stupid for not wanting to work a regular crappy job under crappy management that wants to treat you like a piece of cheap furniture. Everyone starts out somewhere.

Quote the job and farm it out. Just simply tell your customer that you'll get back to them on the quote. Call some local screen printers and explain your situation and build a relationship with one. Mark it up a bit and your good to go.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kacie:

Keep in mind that you don't necessarily need RIP software to do 4-color or gradients. There are plenty of posts on this forum that talk about doing it with Photoshop or using the freebee Ghost Rip. It does take some experimentation, where some of the RIP software makes it much easier, but it is possible.

Ted

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hmmm...Do a couple nice 4 color spot shirts that you can do in house. When they come asking about screen printing some them the the shirts. Most people who ask for 4 color process do not understand what that is, they just hear the words. If you can farm it out cool, but if you can't do the artwork for process it may be hard to make enough money.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
On the contrary, you are plenty smart. You understand from the get go that there is no class system in America. Dignity, respect and autonomy are your birthright. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I find Ghostscript or RIP tutorials? And is it a free download?

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts