T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I need advice from all on the following project.

Im undertaking a project in some months time that will require digital photo images and text to be printed on t shirts. Each photo image will only be printed once and there could be in the region of 50,000 t shirts or more needed.

• What method of printing is most practical and cost effective for this project but will show the photo clearly?
  • What equipment would you recommend for such a project?
  • can i print these digital photos on coloured t shirts?
I realise that this will take some time to print as I will only be printing one t shirt per image. Ive heard of a mimaki printer that prints large quantites of images very fast. any ideas!

look forward to your replies.
Adie

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
One t-shirt per image? 50,000 different images? Am I right? WOW!
I don't know much about heat presses, but it seems like you need a really good one.
And a nice printer, too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Tjet Jumbo will do it pretty much production style. Direct to shirt. Your learning curve for the software and the price of the machine may scare you though. Go check the screenprintersnet. Otherwise job it out. You won't get filthy rich that way but the burden will be easier. For that many maybe try to set up a network of printers. If you find a bad one your not sunk.

Oscar
The Garment Guru

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the info oscar, ive just checked out the Tjet Jumbo, it is pretty impressive and pricey but maybe for the amount of tshirts i need it could be a good investment as i can always resell the machine at a good price if thinks dont go to plan. As this is a pretty new machine do know of anyone who has used this machine? what is there verdict on preformace etc. Is there anyone in this forum who has any review on the tjet?

thanks again Garment guru

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have watched the machine run and tested samples of the printing on darks...the results were not impressive. The white was gray and flaked after the first wash/dry cycle. Yes, you can print multiple passes of white but then it takes 2-3 x's the time and it cracks and peels. I have no history to say how well it works on whites but to spend that kind of money and only print on what Transjet II and sublimation can print on? It doesn't make much sense to me. I would suggest farming the work out as well...I have some contacts that might be of interest to you...hope this helps!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers burning questions, those kind of results definitely are not what im looking for. I think from what ive heard so far that dispersing the work it the best method. Ill will be in touch with you for contact when im ready to print. Any more suggestions welcome

Thanks again,

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I have been using the small tjet for a while now with the 7 color, not white. The results are great in my opinion. The washability is as good as any other process except the dye sub. But the dye sub is toward the poly end of the textiles and the tjet inks are for the cotton end. If you go to the screenprinters.net you can request a sample of light and dark shirts. If an operator doesn't set up the file properly and cure correctly one will get the results BQ saw. With colors I haven't had any. The white setup is in and have to learn the rip first...Play around some. The white ink sample I got I saw printed at the Atlanta show. Don't blame the machine for the driver's condition. Oscar

·
Registered
56 Posts
I won't, however the driver was screenprinters.net so I guess I will fault them with sending poor samples from a machine that is capable of much more...kind of like Tommy maddox as QB of the Steelers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts